FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

1 minute ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers a knew it that means legs

Not necessarily. CW had an A Cinemascore and had a 2.3x multiple while Inception had a B Cinemascore with a 4.5x multiple.

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

@Gokira2012 PR has an A on Cinemascore.

Also they could come in late, thinking it might have been between 1 AM to 2AM for the east coast, I live in the central time zone.

Can I ask why don't they wait for the Pacfic Time zone or they don't think will actually impact the number? Just curious...

1 minute ago, Momo said:

Can I ask why don't they wait for the Pacfic Time zone or they don't think will actually impact the number? Just curious...

Because it's currently 9PM on the West Coast with who knows how many more show times for every film. Especially for the films targeted at adults....they make the majority from late night showings so sometimes the West Coast can sway the numbers either higher or lower. So they figure they wait the extra three hours and get the most accurate number. 

Edited by Nova

5 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Full disclosure: I'm a huge Power Rangers fan and I'm disappointed in these numbers too. I full well know that anecdotal evidence is worth jack but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited when my Thursday night screening sold out. It was at the back of my mind that I could be seeing front-loading in action and I didn't want to believe it, but if that's how it plays out then that's how it goes. All told a mid-30s / low-40s weekend is in line with long-term projections and, if not a hit, at least not a complete embarrassment. There's a difference between being disappointed and HOPING something crazy will happen with the Friday to weekend ratio or the weekend to total multiplier, which my less logical faculties still are, and outright rejecting reality. That's just making it harder on yourself.

So yes, I'm sad that sequel prospects aren't great. But I'll live.

There are no numbers majority of these people are guessing

Edited by Gokira2012

I just realised BatB is in exactly the same theatre as Life. 

This time it's packed. 

And I was slightly concerned about Life not finishing in time. 

Edited by DeeCee

^ The complication there is that Lionsgate financed the film with foreign pre-sales and doesn't directly benefit from international box office.

Of course Lionsgate seems kind of desperate for a franchise, so... who knows.

4 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Full disclosure: I'm a huge Power Rangers fan and I'm disappointed in these numbers too. I full well know that anecdotal evidence is worth jack but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited when my Thursday night screening sold out. It was at the back of my mind that I could be seeing front-loading in action and I didn't want to believe it, but if that's how it plays out then that's how it goes. All told a mid-30s / low-40s weekend is in line with long-term projections and, if not a hit, at least not a complete embarrassment. There's a difference between being disappointed and HOPING something crazy will happen with the Friday to weekend ratio or the weekend to total multiplier, which my less logical faculties still are, and outright rejecting reality. That's just making it harder on yourself.

So yes, I'm sad that sequel prospects aren't great. But I'll live.

Yeah,the number disappointed me also. Was hoping for a least close to 40-45 million. Even though I made a prediction lower on another forum. I really didn't want it to fail. Dispite what some might think.

Just now, Momo said:

Yeah,the number disappointed me also. Was hoping for a least close to 40-45 million. Even though I made a prediction lower on another forum. I really didn't want it to fail. Dispite what some might think.

Same here. I kind of liked the new PR and I'm sad this will just break even instead of being a bonafide blockbuster.

Just now, Gokira2012 said:

No one has numbers

I feel like we can turn this into the plot of Shutter Island where we have to help Gokira come to terms that Power Rangers isn't gonna break out.

• Like 13