kayumanggi

A QUIET PLACE | 04.06.18 | Paramount | supernatural horror film

On 4/12/2018 at 8:51 AM, Goffe said:

People clapped at the end which surprised me a ton considering this is not a fanboy heavy film. Badass ending.

Ending is definitely great. One of the bits I really enjoyed, along with the tub scene you see in the trailer.

Overall though, uneven for me. Character decisions in horror movies tend to irk me.

• Like 2

One of the best horror/suspense films I have seen in a long time.

What impressed is how well edited it is. Not a ounce of fat on it.

And it this does not win the technical awards next year for sound editing and sound design there is no justice in the world.

And it's a great example of what a talented filmmaker can do on a very limited budget.

I just  hope they don't try to "sequelize" it........

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:49 PM, Tyrian said:

Fantastic film. I really hope this film DOES get a sequel.

It doesnt necessarily need to involve this family. It could be a 'set in the universe' sequel like Cloverfields ones. It could be about another family. It could be about Day 1-10 of the invasion. It could be this family again at a later date. It could be anything really. 

---

Really important to stress that, for some people, your fullest enjoyment of this film will REALLY depend on the type of audience and environment you see it in. I myself ordinarily get driven nuts by babies, noisy popcorn, crunchy wrappers being scrunched,  people outside the cinema chatting loudly because the door was left open etc - in any movie. I like a quiet cinema in general anyway....

... but this film takes that to a whole new level. Your film experience could easily be ruined if you have a bad or un-courteous audience. if you wanted to give that little noisy kid a dirty look in any other movie, in this movie you'll want to break his arm and gag him with duct tape.

I already knew this before I saw the movie, but didnt realise just how true it was.

Oh, please. One of the film's best things is it leaves so much to the individual's imagination. Something which few filmmakers do nowdays.

I HATE this mentality that every successful film needs to spawn a Comic Book like Universe.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 7:33 PM, MrPink said:

Ending is definitely great. One of the bits I really enjoyed, along with the tub scene you see in the trailer.

Overall though, uneven for me. Character decisions in horror movies tend to irk me.

I've seen this a few times... but what decisions do you question?

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Looper, My summer Love, Sicario, Your Sister's Sister, Into the Woods and Young Victoria.

And with her biggest yet most likely opening at Christmas Day.....

7 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I've seen this a few times... but what decisions do you question?

I understand where MrPink is coming from....so many charecters in horror movies do really dumb things which get them killed (one of the reasons I have problems with slasher films is that most of the time the victims are such morons) but I don't think that applies to A Quite Place.

Every action the charecters make is understandable. Yes, they make mistakes but they don't indulge in the idiot behavior you see too often in Horror films.

25 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I can't think of many, if any, "mistakes" the family made. The only clear one is when she 

Hide contents

tugs on the cloth, and then doesn't check to see what she was stuck on. 

I also think the daughter was pretty dumb going off on her own. But the film made it clear WHY her emotions would overpower her good sense.

But you did not get the whole "let's go party in the woods, even though we know there is a homicidal maniac/monster around" kind of stupidity that ,for me, ruins a lot of horror movies.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I understand where MrPink is coming from....so many charecters in horror movies do really dumb things which get them killed (one of the reasons I have problems with slasher films is that most of the time the victims are such morons) but I don't think that applies to A Quite Place.

Every action the charecters make is understandable. Yes, they make mistakes but they don't indulge in the idiot behavior you see too often in Horror films.

There's only one thing that I thought they were stupid for.

That is their decision to keep the baby.