Eevin

Wednesday #s: Beauty and the Beast - $6.2M

7 hours ago, Harley said:

There was a rumor over a year ago WB wanted Emma for Batgirl. Whedon has followed her on twitter for a while now. I like Tatiana Maslany or Mary Elizabeth Winstead for the role.

Winstead has the body but personality may not be so suited to cosplay

9 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So a Batgirl film has been greenlit by WB with Whedon set to direct.With the numbers that BaTB is pulling i wouldn't be suprised of Emma got the offer.

Emma is too fragile to play Batgirl. 

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

What kind of final number can we expect for BATB DOM? I didn't follow since the OW but apparently it's doing better than expected.

450M+ is basically safe, if it continues to hold well it has a realistic shot at catching Rogue One/TDK

• Like 1

6 hours ago, passerby said:

Who the hell is Boss Baby even catered to? Parents and their current kids who are expecting a new addition? I swear Rugrats did it better with Rugrats the movie.

IDK, whenever I've seen the trailer at theaters it's gotten the most laughter and biggest response of all the trailers shown...surprised me but then I saw someone describe BB as El Presidente as an infant. Doubt it was conceived that way and not to get too political, but Alec Baldwin voicing a character like that probably gives it more appeal across generations than normal for this sort of movie.

9 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

Whatever the convention may be, the comparisons don't show an accurate gauge of the audience drop unless they cover the same amount of time.

Unless you are comparing to a film pre 2013 your post makes no sense. 90% of films in wide release have previews today it is the new normal so I fail to see the logic in your argument. Shoot even a film like hidden figures had previews the Thursday before it went wide and in some places Christmas eve in its limited run. 

37 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Unless you are comparing to a film pre 2013 your post makes no sense. 90% of films in wide release have previews today it is the new normal so I fail to see the logic in your argument. Shoot even a film like hidden figures had previews the Thursday before it went wide and in some places Christmas eve in its limited run. 

I'm not comparing two films, I'm comparing the film to itself. Including Thursday previews when showing the second weekend drop is an inaccurate comparison, because the second weekend figures don't include the last few hours of Thursday. The true drop is seen by comparing the money made on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, exclusively.

41 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

I'm not comparing two films, I'm comparing the film to itself. Including Thursday previews when showing the second weekend drop is an inaccurate comparison, because the second weekend figures don't include the last few hours of Thursday. The true drop is seen by comparing the money made on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, exclusively.

Ah that makes some more sense. However it comes out in the wash since those extra h9urs are eventually lost due to other films previews ?. But for your purpose that makes sense ish. There isn't a way to quantify the data but I personally think in only extreme cases (such as TFA) the gross would have just been spread between Friday and Saturday or frankly for a film like PR at the midnight previews which it for sure would have had. 

8 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

I'd say that BATB is already way past a fairly decent domestic total. 

Poor choice of words, I suppose accurate domestic total is more in line with what I meant but 'fairly decent' came off my keyboard instead.

• Like 1