WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

10 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I thought their chemistry was one of the strongest points of the movie. Heck, enough critics thought so that it's part of the consensus on RT.

The movie suffered script issues and marketing issues. The chemistry was not a problem IMHO. YMMV.

Seeing the weak legs and lack of rewatch factor, general audience didn't care that much about their chemistry then...I think he has more chemistry with CG raptors than his female partners beyond the banter.

Just now, Krissykins said:

Passengers had buzz.

It has two of the biggest stars at the moment, December release, sci fi romance.

It's just that the film was shite.

It didn't help that the previews sold it as an action film when it was in fact a drama. 

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

It didn't help that the previews sold it as an action film when it was in fact a drama. 

And the fact Chris Pratt wakes up Jennifer Lawrence and basically sends her to her death cause he fancies her.

Buuuuuttt......I'm not getting into that again.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

GITS is continuing to perform like shit at my theater today. Even Power Rangers is doing better than it.

Its not shocking. Its preview to OD multiplier is abysmal. Its going under $20M imo. 

29 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Probably not, it's pretty rare for an animated film to hit that level and DWA hasn't had a $200m grosser since Madagascar 3. Its going to take time for DWA to reestablish itself and I suspect we won't see the results of DWA under new ownership until 2020 at the earliest 

Marketing will probably be upped quite a bit, though. 

Just now, davincicode1 said:

They are trying to prevent it from reaching 200M. I know that for a fact..., 

get out is the shinning point for hollywood industry, an original thought provoking while crowd pleasing drama, especially given the market now is full of remake and reboot.

Still an astonishing achievement, but $200m really mean even more and it rightfully deserve more and more.......    

The next two showings of GITS have sold a combined total of 20 tickets; 7 are from the 3D starting in 10 minutes and the rest are for 2D in about 80 minutes. Meanwhile, the showing of Power Rangers in one hour has sold 20 tickets.

15 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Seeing the weak legs and lack of rewatch factor, general audience didn't care that much about their chemistry then...I think he has more chemistry with CG raptors than his female partners beyond the banter.

Well, dinosaurs are cooler than women

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Rogue Two: A New Hope

Rogue Two: Bothan Genocide