WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Telerian said:

It's funny, I thought the movie was way too straightforward. Would've preferred something more elliptical and esoteric. 

See it's things like saying "elliptical" and "esoteric" that makes people think your a pretentious film guy. :P

I feel like if the characters didn't basically say what the theme of the movie was throughout the movie, it would have been a lot better though.

:ph34r:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

See it's things like saying "elliptical" and "esoteric" that makes people think your a pretentious film guy. :P

Hide contents

I feel like if the characters didn't basically say what the theme of the movie was throughout the movie, it would have been a lot better though.

:ph34r:

I told Mrs. Tele it was as if all the subtext of BLADE RUNNER became dialogue.

• Like 2

Wow, I'm surprised at how much I loved Boss Baby! Great and fun movie, really funny.

Kids loved it. That damn baby was so cute that I miss the times when my kids were babies. Some people were crying during the last part. This movie had a good message of love between kids and brothers. It's really beautiful. Word of mouth will be good, everyone loved it.

By the way, it has a lot of nods and references to other movies. I'm not sure that kids will catch all of them.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
no spoilers in the weekend thread
  • Like 3

Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events @Blaze Heatnix but we are not allowing spoilers for films that just opened, in the main weekend thread or the CCC for the first two weeks of release.  

Thank you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events @Blaze Heatnix but we are not allowing spoilers for films that just opened, in the main weekend thread or the CCC for the first two weeks of release.  

Thank you.

Sorry for that. I edited my previous post and deleted all the spoilers regarding the movie, in order to avoid any kind of problem. 

I apologize. :)

• Like 2

I'm not sure anything happening at the box office is as crazy as what apparently has happened all weekend in this thread! Lol.

So there's not a Saturday update of any sort yet? I'll be curious to see the jumps for Boss Baby and Beauty.

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Sorry for that. I edited my previous post and deleted all the spoilers regarding the movie, in order to avoid any kind of problem. 

I apologize. :)

No worries.  I know it's hard to keep up with policy changes at times. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

No worries.  I know it's hard to keep up with policy changes at times. :)

It's cool! I just got way too excited after watching Boss Baby, lol.

Very good experience, regardless. I was surprised. I think it deserves better reviews and a good word of mouth. 

• Like 2

Can I echo the request that we look at something different for our numbers discussion threads. As others have pointed out there is no excuse for an 80+ page thread particularly on a weekend like this. Originally the reason the CC thread was put in the box office area was to stop this stuff but in the last six months or so it's become a slog that is only getting worse. 

This may seem like the rantings of an old man but I don't need to wade through 10 pages of gifs to find the 3 or 4 posts on actual box office. If I wanted that I would keep the CC thread bookmarked. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, baumer said:

Thank you.

You can't start a sentence like that without ending it with "Pal".

• Like 2

wow...was bored so I checked out movie tickets. pr basicly selling the same amount of tickets as gits is. considering how far pr fell on Friday. is gits really doing that bad today?

MT:

GITS 6.3%

PR 6.2%

Edited by Momo

1 minute ago, Momo said:

wow...was bored so I checked out movie tickets. pr basicly selling the same amount of tickets as gits is. considering how far pr fell on Friday. is gits really do that bad today?

My theatre was nearly empty. No one was online for the next show. 

4 minutes ago, Momo said:

wow...was bored so I checked out movie tickets. pr basicly selling the same amount of tickets as gits is. considering how far pr fell on Friday. is gits really do that bad today?

Probably not. Movie tickets isn't exactly the best indicator to use in order to determine how well a film is performing. Of course it can give you an idea, but just because two movies are selling around the same on that website doesnt mean they're going to automatically have similar daily tallies. 

But its not exactly encouraging for GITS either. 

Edited by Nova

28 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Can I echo the request that we look at something different for our numbers discussion threads. As others have pointed out there is no excuse for an 80+ page thread particularly on a weekend like this. Originally the reason the CC thread was put in the box office area was to stop this stuff but in the last six months or so it's become a slog that is only getting worse. 

This may seem like the rantings of an old man but I don't need to wade through 10 pages of gifs to find the 3 or 4 posts on actual box office. If I wanted that I would keep the CC thread bookmarked. 

No you are right. The beauty and the beast thread was the worst I've seen on here. I kept trying to find news and it was very difficult in between the hundreds of gifs and off topic jokes and discussions. Also the gifs crash my phone. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Thanks dude for echoing my points. Clearly it's gotten a bit out of control. Time to reign it in a bit back to the middle.

• Like 5