WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Power Rangers collapsed domesticalkybabd is still doing bad overseas. Sequel most likely not happening 

PR was selling out when I went on Friday. It lost a lot of screens this weekend. 

Edited by passerby

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Also thinking under for sure, thinking $18M OW with a $55M-$65M domestic total. However I do think The Star could do over $100M domestic due to it being a Christmas movie and I think Emoji could breakout (sadly), but even if both flop, I think the end of SPA will depend on it's next 4 movies in 2018 (Peter Rabbit, HT3, Goosebumps 2, and Animated Spider-Man)

SPA has too many films out next year, I know two are hybrids but they could easily move Goosebumps 2 to 2019. 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just checked what The Star was. It's got Oprah in it so it'll be fine.

Image result for oprah running on hot coals gif

The Star I imagine will do fine domestically but flop OS

1 minute ago, Gokira2012 said:

power rangers is doing fine, is gonna do $110 - $120,000,000 Dom, $250,000,000 O/S

You flip flop more than Donald Trump on healthcare

10 minutes ago, Cookson said:

That's too nice of a drop. Thinking 55-60% drop.

Jack the Giant Slayer and Allegiant both had drops in the 30's for their third weekends. Adjust for the fact that PR's second weekend drop wasn't quite as bad as theirs, and I think my projection is fair. I'm predicting a final DOM around $90.4M.

Edited by johnboy3434

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

SPA has too many films out next year, I know two are hybrids but they could easily move Goosebumps 2 to 2019. 

The Star I imagine will do fine domestically but flop OS

Still being outsourced really helps for The Star, and can really see Peter Rabbit performing like over $150M domestic/$300M WW due to Easter.

Just now, RiffRanger said:

I think Power Ranger can easily break $200 million WW.  It's already standing at $97 million with big markets opening throughout April and then Japan in July.  

It probably will, but $200m on a $100m budget is not promising for a sequel. 

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Still being outsourced really helps for The Star, and can really see Peter Rabbit performing like over $150M domestic/$300M WW due to Easter.

Doubt Peter Rabbit will do that well, $100-110m if it's lucky