WrathOfHan

The Old Man and the Gun | September 28, 2018 (limited) | David Lowery | Robert Redford, Casey Affleck, Sissy Spacek, Danny Glover

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's what I was referring to.

Still, not his personal life.  His behavior is what makes it so damn hard for women in film even when they are veterans in position of some power.  He pulled this shit with a producer and a cinematographer.  Can you imagine what he does to women who have no power at all?  He's vermin.

I never even liked Casey Affleck as an actor much and I thought his performance in Manchester by the Sea was overrated and then you throw the sexual harassment stuff on top of that? I don't think I'd ever refuse to watch a movie with him or anything but I'm just not a fan, at all.

• Like 1

I loved Casey Affleck in 2007. His performances in Jesse James and Gone Baby Gone back to back floored me. 

In 2018? Not so much. He made an unlikable character more unlikable in Manchester and, through no fault of his own admittedly, he didn't have much to do in A Ghost Story. He lost the "exciting actor" label for me many years ago. 

It's not even the sexual harassment claims (I'm forgiving if it's a relatively one-time thing...as far as I know there's not an ongoing record of this), it's his career choices/screen presence of late. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

I loved Casey Affleck in 2007. His performances in Jesse James and Gone Baby Gone back to back floored me. 

In 2018? Not so much. He made an unlikable character more unlikable in Manchester and, through no fault of his own admittedly, he didn't have much to do in A Ghost Story. He lost the "exciting actor" label for me many years ago. 

It's not even the sexual harassment claims (I'm forgiving if it's a relatively one-time thing...as far as I know there's not an ongoing record of this), it's his career choices/screen presence of late. 

He's probably lucky he got the Oscar win when he did, as to support his longevity.