Eric the Ape

Weekend Box Office: Friday #s (DHD Pg 9) BB 6.78M, BATB 6.55M, Smurfs 4M, Going in Style 4.2M, GITS 2.1M, PR 1.6M, Kong 1.5M

Bit of an arbitrary milestone, but Get Out ($162.9m) passed Straight Outta Compton ($161m) this weekend to become the biggest film with a black director in history.

Of course, F8 is going to destroy that record in no time, but it's still incredible how out of nowhere this run has been.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Bit of an arbitrary milestone, but Get Out ($162.9m) passed Straight Outta Compton ($161m) this weekend to become the biggest film with a black director in history.

Of course, F8 is going to destroy that record in no time, but it's still incredible how out of nowhere this run has been.

Black Panther has a shot of doing it next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman breaks the record for highest OW for a female director from Fifty Shades

Edited by Jonwo

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Black Panther has a shot of doing it next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman breaks the record for highest OW for a female director from Fifty Shades

Man of Steel did $128m, BvS did $166m, Suicide Squad did $132m

50 Shades did $85m.

I'd say it has a pretty good shot.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Eevin said:

F Gary Gray is going to break his own record. :)

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

But I posted a thing saying that Paul Walker's character should be recast to Sly Stallone, you're supposed to go insane!!!

This weekend wasn't a event, if it was you may have been able to turn the tide but it wasn't enough.

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Suspended apparently.

Gokira is going to have to learn he cannot get away here with the crap he got away with at IMDB....

Gokira had quite a reputation at IMDB...and not a good one.

Edited by dudalb

25 minutes ago, YourMother said:

This weekend wasn't a event, if it was you may have been able to turn the tide but it wasn't enough.

BOOOOOO, gonna have to wait until the next suspected flop then (everyone knows Fast 8 will do well by now, so I can't do a Power Rangers to it)

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Gokira is going to have to learn he cannot get away here with the crap he got away with at IMDB....

Gokira had quite a reputation at IMDB...and not a good one.

I used to use IMDB for a month back in 2015 and left due to how disgusting it was. Gokira was an IMDB user?

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

BOOOOOO, gonna have to wait until the next suspected flop then (everyone knows Fast 8 will do well by now, so I can't do a Power Rangers to it)

King Arthur is the next movie that screams "obvious bomb." Even the studio seems to have written it off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

King Arthur is the next movie that screams "obvious bomb." Even the studio seems to have written it off.

Yeah but it doesn't have overly defensive fanboys for me to play off of. Either I have to wait for Mummy and the #toiletpaper4lyfe campaign or BKB/Shay to say something REALLY stupid. Arthur isn't very hot button.

BATB actually made 2 million less then Deadline/Mojo estimates according to the Numbers.. You add Friday to Sunday numbers and you get 23M not 25M. 23,652,605 to be exacted.

Edited by Momo
  • Like 1