Eric the Ape

Weekend Box Office: Friday #s (DHD Pg 9) BB 6.78M, BATB 6.55M, Smurfs 4M, Going in Style 4.2M, GITS 2.1M, PR 1.6M, Kong 1.5M

5 minutes ago, Momo said:

BATB actually made 2 million less then Deadline/Mojo estimates according to the Numbers.. You add Friday to Sunday numbers and you get 23M not 25M.

Arg, God damnit.

14 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Yeah but it doesn't have overly defensive fanboys for me to play off of. Either I have to wait for Mummy and the #toiletpaper4lyfe campaign or BKB/Shay to say something REALLY stupid. Arthur isn't very hot button.

I'll fanboy for King Arthur for you :ph34r: 

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Shit, I know. BatB can't catch a break. I don't know why it can't hold better but it apparently can't. 

I imagine that it could be because musical start with a lot of resistance with a large amount of people that would never go see one in theater, the word of mouth cannot fully take effect. La la land also didn't fully stretched out as much as that amount of buzz and performance for the same reason, a movie like Get Out/Jurassic World didn't have that word of mouth/curiosity barrier of people that would never go see a movie like that.

Edited by Barnack

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'll fanboy for King Arthur for you :ph34r: 

I can't fanboy King Arthur because I'm one of those people who cringes at the characterization of Sir Kay in Disney's Sword and the Stone. I don't know if I can take a Guy Ritchie version without my head blowing up.

26 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Yeah but it doesn't have overly defensive fanboys for me to play off of. Either I have to wait for Mummy and the #toiletpaper4lyfe campaign or BKB/Shay to say something REALLY stupid. Arthur isn't very hot button.

everybody expects the mummy to flop. even @WrathOfHan i noticed has been silenced.   :P