Eric the IF

Weekend Box Office: Friday #s (DHD Pg 9) BB 6.78M, BATB 6.55M, Smurfs 4M, Going in Style 4.2M, GITS 2.1M, PR 1.6M, Kong 1.5M

Just now, BluRayHiDef said:

What's the deal with these stupid "smurfette" substitutes for the names of certain characters and properties? Very stupid.

Lots of bad and rotten users here. Sad!

• Like 3

Just now, filmlover said:

Can we turn the Smurf filter off already? The movie flopped and will be gone soon. Gotta keep up with the times!

Nah keep it through the summer

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Has Netflix released viewing figures for Sandler's movie? Not that I much care how well his dogshit western comedy did either way, just thought they were pretty tight-lipped about that stuff.

They only said in a producer round table that they were in the most when not the most watched movie ever on Netflix in many market, no exact numbers. I don't remember which one, but I think that it is the same where they were saying that Battleship was one of the most successful movie on HBO and other "surprise" of that kind.

Edited by Barnack

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

They should change it to a Fast & Furious filter.

Replace superhero with family

Yes, you can use Dom to replace Groot.

All I can think about whenever I hear about the Smurfs is the Seven parody from Robot Chicken, in which Brainy Smurf wonders how someone will die for lust, only to then be told that Chronic Masturbator Smurf has been murdered. :lol:

I never got the appeal of the Smurfs either, but I was born after they were popular and Cartoon Network didn't give them nearly enough airtime in the late-'90s/early-'00s for any retroactive nostalgia to kick in (unlike, say, Scooby-Doo).

Edited by Webslinger

Just now, Webslinger said:

All I can think about whenever I hear about the Smurfs is the Seven parody from Robot Chicken, in which Brainy Smurf wonders how someone will die for lust, only to then be told that Chronic Masturbator Smurf has been murdered. :lol:

I never got the appeal of the Smurfs either, but I was born after they were popular and Cartoon Network didn't give them nearly enough airtime in the late-'90s/early-'00s for any retroactive nostalgia to kick in (unlike, say, Scooby-Doo).

The first Smurfs movie was for some reason huge. It even made 400m overseas 

13 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

They should change it to a Fast & Furious filter.

Replace superhero with family

Family Eight opened huge at domestic and International Familiarity boxoffice. It will easily cross the 1b mark Familywide. 

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The first Smurfs movie was for some reason huge. It even made 400m overseas 

It showed the potential of the brand - it is universal and beloved as far as I can tell. That was my opinion while growing up even though I didn't watch it much. There should be a WWW thread for the franchise.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

It showed the potential of the brand - it is universal and beloved as far as I can tell. That was my opinion while growing up even though I didn't watch it much. There should be a WWW thread for the franchise.

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I understand the appeal of the Smurfs about as much as I do that of F&F.  Which is to say, not at all.

So we know the solution now. The next Smurfs movie needs Vin Diesel and The Rock.

• Like 1