kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

Just now, UserHN said:

It is great if you aren't expecting a $2B gross. It's a little disappointing otherwise. Overall, fantastic numbers for a movie. But let's aim higher for its box office. IW > Titanic because Cameron is irritating at the moment.

CW did 560M without China
AoU did 705M without China
The avengers did +800M without China (The exchange rate was better in many countries)

41 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Domestic will be 630 650 conservative.

Actually it needs to start acting like Civil War today onwards for 630-650. I'd say that's not conservative but just really pessimistic. 600m$ is just locked, the drops necessary from like, today onwards need to be historically gigantic for 600m$ DOM cume. 700m$ is the target now and actually it is going the direction of well over 700m but legs after 3rd weekend should relatively be worse so 700m is the target until we'll see how it behaves against competition.

Just now, gfb said:

Actually it needs to start acting like Civil War today onwards for 630-650. I'd say that's not conservative but just really pessimistic. 600m$ is just locked, the drops necessary from like, today onwards need to be historically gigantic for 600m$ DOM cume. 700m$ is the target now and actually it is going the direction of well over 700m but legs after 3rd weekend should relatively be worse so 700m is the target until we'll see how it behaves against competition.

Yeah idk if we can say anything until Deadpool 2 arrives. I mean it will recover somewhat for the long weekend but then drop big again. Just how big those drops are will tell the story 

37 minutes ago, UserHN said:

So which movie will be the top grosser WW next year? Pick one from:

Avengers 4

Star Wars IX

The Lion King

Aladdin

Toy Story 4

Frozen 2

Avengers will be enormous, but I bet for The Lion King. IMO, it can beat Avatar

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, peludo said:

Avengers will be enormous, but I bet for The Lion King. IMO, it can beat Avatar

Somebody needs to make a club so I can join in.

I could make a case that TLK is the most beloved movie of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Er no its not a huge drop. It is about a -58.5% drop from last Friday which is expected. I had the weekend around a 60% drop which is where we are headed it seems. 

I have also removed Russia’s number from this number and then calculated the drop so it is fairly accurate. 

Honestly ur constant pessimism is too much. 

That drop is a bit harsh given that SK, one of its biggest market, only had 44% weekly drop on friday.....

It must be a much more worse drop from other market to give 58% drop overall

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

That drop is a bit harsh given that SK, one of its biggest market, only had 44% weekly drop on friday.....

It must be a much more worse drop from other market to give 58% drop overall

I dont care about individual drops. Only the overall drop matters in the long run. And ofcourse countries will have varied drops for various reasons. India for example had a 73% drop from last Friday but that drop is still not considered bad in context and is irrelevant to the whole picture. 

If anyone exepected a great hold after the insane opening last weekend then that person would be insane himself. I expected a 60% drop and it is heading right towards it. If expectations are based on logic and data rather than mindleas hope then one wont be disappointed 

• Like 1

Another thing I will add to my point above is a lot of demand was met on Monday and Tuesday which were holidays in many countries. Demand which would probably have been met on a weekend leading to a better 50-55% drop if not for the holidays. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

60-65% drop OS? 

Probably these market will finish their run around 850-900M without China 

very good

Avatar made 1.8b without china for perspective