grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Ahh, strange. I was probably mistaken then. Pretty solid for Pika Pika.

I’m gonna wait for clarification (hence the tag) lol The post said 24 hours but you could be right. But I wouldn’t wanna extrapolate data from just 24 hours :ph34r: However I’d want a confirmation for I2 anyways just to see where other family films (like SLOP, Toy story and TLK) end up doing as well for their first 24 hour period (?) Plus if Detective Pikachu ends up being friendly, we could throw it in as a comp as well for those films. 

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

@The Fast and the Furiosa provided the numbers and said it was for I2’s first 24 hours though. But maybe they can clarify.

Yeah this is my bad. I was looking at May 11ths data and incorrectly assumed 24 hours of sales. 1967 for that day compared to Pika’s 1300 or so 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

There may be a couple to a few showtimes in the RealD 3D section and 2D section where I forgot to differentiate between sold seats and broken seats and now can't change those back thanks to the change on Fandango because I forgot which ones had a broken row. So my breakdown could be imperfect. Fandango's got me all screwed up. :rant:

You can use the AMC site. Might require a total recount to start but it’s fun.

• Like 1

Pulse today 8:50-9:04 EST:

Little: 54/15 – yesterday 36/15; Nobody's Fool (13.7M OW) had 37/15; What Men Want (18.2M OW) 87/15 both same day and time of the day, Isn't It Romantic (14.2M OW) had 25/15 one day before the release
Hellboy: 27/15 – yesterday at that time it were 29/15; Overlord (10.2M OW) had 27/15 at that time, Hunter Killer (6.7M OW) had 11/15
After: 19/15 – yesterday 18/15; Five Feet Apart (13.2M OW) had 23/15 same day and time of the day, again Isn't It Romantic 25/15
Missing Link: 8/15 – yesterday 5/15; Wonder Park (15.9M OW) had 44/15, HtTYD (55.0M OW) 227/15, The Lego Movie2 (34.1M OW) 110/15 all same day and time of the day

And Pulse 10:50-11:04 EST:

Little: 85/15 – yesterday 32/15; Nobody's Fool had 60/15, What Men Want 117/15, Isn't It Romantic 63/15, pretty good also today.

Hellboy: 62/15 – yesterday 28/15; Overlord had 50/15 at that time, Hunter Killer had 24/15. Probably lots of things went wrong here but I still feel a bit sorry for that movie.
After: 49/15 – yesterday 21/15; Five Feet Apart had 48/15 at that time, again Isn't It Romantic 63/15, not bad at all
Missing Link: 13/15 – yesterday 8/15; Wonder Park had 59/15, HtTYD 325/15, The Lego Movie2 160/15 all same day and time of the day. Maybe walk ups will help...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I believe so. I could be wrong though.

Just checked one of the shows I know to have broken seats and are they the grey ones with yellow outlines around them? They also appear to be circles instead of rectangles.

EDIT: Checked the Lincoln Square which I also remember to have broken seats and unfortunately you can't tell the difference there.

Edited by FlashMaster659

44 minutes ago, Nova said:

I’m gonna wait for clarification (hence the tag) lol The post said 24 hours but you could be right. But I wouldn’t wanna extrapolate data from just 24 hours :ph34r: However I’d want a confirmation for I2 anyways just to see where other family films (like SLOP, Toy story and TLK) end up doing as well for their first 24 hour period (?) Plus if Detective Pikachu ends up being friendly, we could throw it in as a comp as well for those films. 

Oh, Detective Pikachu is very friendly. I mean, just look at him:

wnithZI.png

jk, I know you mean family-friendly, though I can't imagine that it won't be.

Anyway, I'm going to give tracking a shot. And since I don't have anything to compare Detective Pikachu to, I'll be tracking other family films this summer too; it's a nice change of pace from all the PG-13 and R-rated movies that I normally focus my interest on. I'll borrow Porthos' table, since it's a nice way of presenting the data. I'll look at 10 theaters in the San Gabriel Valley. And assuming presales don't increase particularly quickly, I'll be doing bi-weekly or weekly updates as well.

First 24 hours, 30 days until opening night:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Percent Sold

TOTALS

6.41%

Total Seats Sold Today:                 534

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Is the 24 hr Fandango tracker down again?

*checks*

Pulse looks to be good (seeing things at 11:40am PDT), but I think akvalley's Pulse tracker hasn't updated in a couple of hours (last updated at 10am my time, if I read it right)

• Like 1

North Shore update: PikaPika has arrive but no UltraScreen, but that may help presales if it plays family friendly. 

Also it has about 5 2D/1 3D again also average for a family film.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Is the 24 hr Fandango tracker down again?

46 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*checks*

Pulse looks to be good (seeing things at 11:40am PDT), but I think akvalley's Pulse tracker hasn't updated in a couple of hours (last updated at 10am my time, if I read it right)

22 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

AK Valley probably needs to do some maintenance stuff with his tracker. No biggie

Waited for the hourly updated and it's still paused.  Checked Pulse and it looks good from what I can see.

So, yeah, probably just need some maintenance on akvalley's side of things.  Probably will be fixed soon enough.