Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Well this actually was worst than the first one. I mean you can arguably have fun during it since it is so bad, but, I am so glad I saw this for free with about 8 people. We got to make fun it of it as it was going along.It's hard to grade this movie, but I guess just enjoy how bad it is and go from there :P

Ghost Rider 21:40 PMOnly about 30 people at most. Then again, keep in mind that this was an XD showing, IE the most expensive showing that is not as crowded as the other ones.Trailers:(No reactions to any of them, except one really funny one)Battleship: The only reaction. "Really???" "Yes! It is coming!"21 Jump Street: Yuck. This was a drama show...Wrath of the Titans: Seen it already, looks better then the 1st.Prometheus: Looks...intresting.Amazing Spider-Man (New trailers): Looks decent.Movie: Better then the first. Visuals were good, the "story" was decent. Yes I say "story" as it really did not have that much. Though I did enjoy it, and the thing about the Ghost Riders past was intresting. Though Cage continues to be one of the worse actors ever. Even if I enjoyed National Treasure 1 and 2, and Sorcerer's Apprentice was good. The music was decent. No actor returned it looked like other then Cage. Surprised this was not rated R for a few creepy scenes. This one was much more of a horror then the first one. Not a great film, but enjoyable to say the least.B

My grade: B

350 seater auditorium, about 50+ attending in 2-D opening night.

So what are some things in this film one might like, I'll share mine:

[*]I liked how they explained why the devil looks different. Ciran Hands vs Peter Fonda.

[*]I liked the nods to acknowledging his stunt rider days and I don't mean the storyboards. The bonding moments with Danny on the highway doing bike stunts.

[*]Incorporating the Zarathos element inherent with the comic version. And that explanation sequence between Blaze and Moreau was nicely done.

[*]The use of Negative Space and filming in a Negative manner worked well in several scenes. Such as the purging of the Rider scene and "Decay vision".

[*]Glad the "pissing scene" was only an in-joke visual for Johnny and Danny and not an actual moment in the film.

[*]Tying into the first film again, how the Rider fears and/or is powerless in the light AND how events in the film change that.

[*]How we see the Rider as a hero, controlled by Blaze in that final sequence. Not just a force of nature.

So, in fairness what could've been better, my thoughts on that:

[*]I know they spent less money but I missed the full on Penance Stare. It's done but without the f/x, more implied then *poof* dead bad guy.

[*]The transitions between major set pieces could've been more fluid. A few too many Hard Cuts.

[*]Nadya, Danny's mom, is suddenly a good shot with a military grade sniper rifle from 500yrds? Some 30 second bs explanation earlier in the film might've sold this better. The best backstory we get is she a bit of a gypsy.

[*]Personally I would've liked more dialogue from the Rider. Like the Hulk films I feel they've missed this twice now. Neither character is that silent in their own book.

The few location cinematography shots we got were great. Liked seeing the Monks chiseled out monastic hideout.

The castle was very nice.

The amphitheater ruins for the ritual were cool.

Nice cameos by Anthony Stewart Head(Giles of BtVS) and Christopher Lambert.

Idris Elba did a very servicable job as well. Not Heimdell awesome but still a respectable performance. Cage was a much, much better Johnny Blaze this time imo.

Some nice humor although I can see where for some a few moments might be over the top(Jerry Springer's 1/2 second cameo perhaps).

The twinkie scene got several laughs at my viewing.

It's a fun movie, cut loose and enjoy the film. Oscar bait it's not but in all objectiveness there are worse films, worse comic films out there than this. Don't allow yourself to get caught up in the seemingly current "Hip to bash Cage and/or Ghost Rider" bandwagon this month. You'll miss a fun time at the theater and be forced to sit through The Vow.

Everything that is wrong with this movie

My God the acting sucked, I mean everybody sucked.

Villain was lame

Boring

Anticlimactic ending

Script

Direction

Pissing scene

Cheesy/Jokes sucked

The transformation

Good things about the movie

Filming location in Eastern Europe

2/10

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1

Everything that is wrong with this movie

My God the acting sucked, I mean everybody sucked.

Villain was lame

Boring

Anticlimactic ending

Script

Direction

Pissing scene

Cheesy/Jokes sucked

The transformation

Good things about the movie

Filming location in Eastern Europe

2/10

I lowered the scored to 1/10

Well it put people to work so that's a positive. The only bad things about the film were script, direction, acting, effects, and everything else associated with making a movie good. F

Actually it managed to be worse than the first one as far as movie making goes. And i consider the first film one of the worst comic book adaptations ever.

But at the same time this sequel is so bad on every single level that it gets really funny after a while. I mean Ghost Rider stares some bad guy to death! That was hilarious. And there is a scene where Cage is in a club or something and interrogates another bad guy and he overracts and screams and yells and cries and... sings so furiously and over the top that i'm pretty sure it was intentional. That was comedy gold right there.