Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, Cochofles said:

What do you see for Captain Marvel ?

Around $250M domestic, maybe $300M. Wonder Woman even with a $95M OW, I can see legging it out to $300M, maybe even $350M Black Panther opens in Black History Month on Presidents Day, not to mention Civil War good will, a $115M/$320M run wouldn't surprise me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Considering the Derby average is 110+ we were definitely more bullish on WONDR than trade.

We also seem bearish on MUMMY4....so time to adjust?...

...and partake in my MUMMY Over DUNKIRK club...

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23965-the-mummy-over-dunkirk-dom/

Good information and I'd still be VERY bearish on The Mummy. 

4 hours ago, James said:

Given the reception it gets, I am thinking:

Thu 11

Fri 35.5

Sat 43

Sun 34.5

124m OW

I think it will play more like a family movie than a CBM. And fact is, a lot of little girls will want to see this. And I doubt a lot of parents will take them to midnight screenings. Saturday should be huge. 

Why do you think this will increase 20% from friday to saturday when no other superhero movie except Iron Man 1 (6% increase) and Spiderman 1 (10% increase) had an increase?

Every other major SH had a decrease ranging from 3.5% to over 40%. I think a decrease between 5-10% is far more likely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Does Wonder Woman have more marketing? I saw a shitton more for Doctor Strange last November and October than I have in the past month for Wonder Woman. I've been surprised how few ads I've actually seen for Wonder Woman on TV really.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

It all depends what your watching.  I've seen a few ads today watching Batman Begins.  And I saw a few ads watching ESPN and such.  Now something like Everything Everything I didn't see any ads, but I imagine that was advertised heavily on MTV and Lifetime

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I have an hot take to make:

Wonder Woman is not better than The Dark Knight.

End of hot take.

95% of movies aren't, especially funny book movies.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blankments said:

There was like a 3-year-old girl next to me at the movie wearing a tiara. She didn't understand the movie (kept on asking her dad "who's that" when it was clearly Wonder Woman lol) but her sister (who was like 6 or 7) seemed to really enjoy it haha

I'd take my daughter to this immediately if I had one :P

There were two 3 or 4 year olds seated behind my group of three. They were awful and thankfully, their mothers removed them after 30 minutes. I honestly wouldn't have minded if it was matinee but it was  7PM screening on the opening night. They were loud, didn't understand anything going on, constantly asking questions loudly and asking for food loudly. I was very thankful the mothers left with them early on enough.

The ones near you seem better behaved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have an hot take to make:

Wonder Woman is not better than The Dark Knight.

End of hot take.

Did you even see the posts on Dunkirk thread yesterday!? :)

TDKR>TDK is not a rare opinion by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

There were two 3 or 4 year olds seated behind my group of three. They were awful and thankfully, their mothers removed them after 30 minutes. I honestly wouldn't have minded if it was matinee but it was  7PM screening on the opening night. They were loud, didn't understand anything going on, constantly asking questions loudly and asking for food loudly. I was very thankful the mothers left with them early on enough.

The ones near you seem better behaved.

Eh, the girl next to me was really annoying tbh. She did pretty much everything you said except for the food. But that was only one at a 10:45am showing, so you're right, it could've been a lot worse :/