Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

I have 103.5 on the Derby. Needs 19% Sun drop for that.

If Sat has shown a huge 28% jump from true Friday, -19% Sun could happen as GOTG1 did -18%.

38.85 + 35.7 + 28.95 (-19%) = 103.5

Either way, WB won't have to fudge a thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:
7 hours ago, BluRayHiDef said:

By the way, this doesn't hold a candle to Man of Steel or BvS (UE), both of which are much more entertaining.

Wow, Zack Snyder himself is gracing our board with his presence. 

I agree with them. BvS UE > MoS > WW >>> SS. And I REALLY like WW.

The only DCEU movie that I'm really disappointed with is SS, which really isn't even near the same league as the other three. Which is a shame as I think all the footage we've seen in the movie and in the promotional material is absolutely fantastic. I think an amazing movie was unfortunately left on the cutting room floor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AHepBurn said:

The only DCEU movie that I'm really disappointed with is SS, which really isn't even near the same league as the other three. Which is a shame as I think all the footage we've seen in the movie and in the promotional material is absolutely fantastic. I think an amazing movie was unfortunately left on the cutting room floor.

100% agree. I love the DCEU but SS got butchered.

• Like 3

Some of y'all need to chill with these high multis. It'll get over a 2.5x, but the absolute max it's going to do is a 2.8x. This is still a CBM, and it isn't releasing in a dead period like GOTG or Ant-Man or a cultural phenomenon like the first Avengers (one could argue it's #NotAnEvent).

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Some of y'all need to chill with these high multis. It'll get over a 2.5x, but the absolute max it's going to do is a 2.8x. This is still a CBM, and it isn't releasing in a dead period like GOTG or Ant-Man or a cultural phenomenon like the first Avengers (one could argue it's #NotAnEvent).

Typical MRA talk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Surprisingly weak Sat. for captain underpants.  Odd, since the theater I went to was 80% full and pretty damn packed.

Guessing most adults like Tele must've disliked. So maybe bad WOM among adults.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Some of y'all need to chill with these high multis. It'll get over a 2.5x, but the absolute max it's going to do is a 2.8x. This is still a CBM, and it isn't releasing in a dead period or a cultural phenomenon like the first Avengers.

People are letting their personal feelings of the movie get in the way. Doctor Strange which also had great word-of-mouth and the holidays "only" managed a 2.75x (which is still really good). That seems like the high end for the multi for WW IMO.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh damn, Blumhouse might make a Dark Universe film. Universal's really going all in on this: http://www.slashfilm.com/dark-universe-budgets-and-lawsuit/

This sounds an awful idea. Blum House rarely produce good movies, building an Universe full of cheap movies is basically the purest definition of cash grab.

"Not releasing in a dead period" - so Mummy, Cars 3 and Transformers, all tracking mediocre numbers so far, are going to cut off the legs of a movie with amazing WOM? Nah. Next competition for it isn't until Spider-Man just over a month from now. 

• Like 2