Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I love how I can't have a serious discussion about the numbers because you guys love calling me an MRA.

But seriously I can see WW having some good holds these next few weeks, guessing a 50%-55% drop next weekend because although I think WOM is good, The Mummy is taking up IMAX and PLF screens. Then it should have around 40%-45% against Cars 3, however I'm expecting a 50% drop against TLK, but it'll rebound against DM3 and 4th of July weekend but it'll drop hard against Homecoming, but I can see strong weekdays and good late legs.

Just now, DealWithIt said:

"Not releasing in a dead period" - so Mummy, Cars 3 and Transformers, all tracking mediocre numbers so far, are going to cut off the legs of a movie with amazing WOM? Nah. Next competition for it isn't until Spider-Man just over a month from now. 

Theaters will need to clear house for movies. It has nothing to do with WOM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

People are letting their personal feelings of the movie get in the way. Doctor Strange which also had great word-of-mouth and the holidays "only" managed a 2.75x (which is still really good). That seems like the high end for the multi for WW IMO.

This piece of shit didn't appeal to woman over 25 (usually, the demo that gives the strongest legs), Wonder Woman is appealing to a completely new kind of demo to SH movies, and I don't think it will follow the same pattern of previous movies. 

Just now, YourMother said:

But seriously I can see WW having some good holds these next few weeks, guessing a 50%-55% drop next weekend because although I think WOM is good, The Mummy is taking up IMAX and PLF screens. Then it should have around 40%-45% against Cars 3, however I'm expecting a 50% drop against TLK, but it'll rebound against DM3 and 4th of July weekend but it'll drop hard against Homecoming, but I can see strong weekdays and good late legs.

The Mummy isn't taking away all IMAX theaters or PLF screens. Wonder Woman is staying in both the XD theater and the big IMAX close by next weekend near me.

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This piece of shit didn't appeal to woman over 25 (usually, the demo that gives the strongest legs), Wonder Woman is appealing to a completely new kind of demo to SH movies, and I don't think it will follow the same pattern of previous movies. 

Image result for benedict cumberbatch gif

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Some of y'all need to chill with these high multis. It'll get over a 2.5x, but the absolute max it's going to do is a 2.8x. This is still a CBM, and it isn't releasing in a dead period like GOTG or Ant-Man or a cultural phenomenon like the first Avengers (one could argue it's #NotAnEvent).

A cbm with complete different demographics than any other cbm and an IM best among them. Saying 2.8x is max is as silly as saying 3.0x out of nowhere.

• Like 1

Let's assume this hits the high end at 103M this weekend:

Remainder of the week: 34M (137M Total)

Jun 9: 46M (17M weekdays, 200M Total)

Jun 16: 23M (10M weekdays, 233M Total)

Jun 23: 12.6M (6M weekdays, 251.6M Total)

Jun 30: 6.3M (4M weekdays, 261.9M Total)

Jul 7: 2.8M (1.3M weekdays, 266M Total)

Jul 14: 1.6M (800k weekdays, 268.4M Total)

Final Total: 271M (2.63x)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Some of y'all need to chill with these high multis. It'll get over a 2.5x, but the absolute max it's going to do is a 2.8x. This is still a CBM, and it isn't releasing in a dead period like GOTG or Ant-Man or a cultural phenomenon like the first Avengers (one could argue it's #NotAnEvent).

I don't know. A 2.8x isn't that crazy, since June looks to be pretty dead to me.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Let's assume this hits the high end at 103M this weekend:

Remainder of the week: 34M (137M Total)

Jun 9: 46M (17M weekdays, 200M Total)

Jun 16: 23M (10M weekdays, 233M Total)

Jun 23: 12.6M (6M weekdays, 251.6M Total)

Jun 30: 6.3M (4M weekdays, 261.9M Total)

Jul 7: 2.8M (1.3M weekdays, 266M Total)

Jul 14: 1.6M (800k weekdays, 268.4M Total)

Final Total: 271M (2.63x)

Do you consider that a worst-case scenario? You're giving it a lot of 50%+ drops a week. 

• Like 5

Considering the critical praise and lack of competition $300 million is not a weird or high expectation in my opinion. We'll see.

Still weird that an acclaimed film like WW opened so far below Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman, the cinematic equivalents of shit and vomit.

• Like 2