Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

2 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Coming from someone who liked Power Rangers move than JW2...kinda lose all credibility on the character front...

Power Rangers actually has really strong characters for a blockbuster

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Really JL should be able to hang around longer than BvS did.  Until TLJ comes around its only competion should be Coco

BvS had no serious competition until Jungle Book in week 4 but still lost to the Boss in week 3...

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Wayy to miss the point kudos!!!!

BvS had no competition 2 weeks before much less a direct competition with 100m OW. But no you are right it will not affect JL even 1% :rolleyes:

JL has the benefit to kick off the holidays.

Its first week of release is a time we're going to the movies is very common.

All the film has to do is accomplish an opening of 150 and it will be a front runner for 400dom.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

BvS had no serious competition until Jungle Book in week 4 but still lost to the Boss in week 3...

Justice League has a holiday the second weekend while BvS had Good Friday inflating the opening so it shouldn't drop as hard 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah but there's nothing on the schedule like the Boss in between.  Theaters are going to be pretty dead up until TLJ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

Thor should be more concerned with JL as its Two weeks before.

On the contrary, the two can hurt each other than rather one hurting each other. If Thor has great WOM and JL has BVS/SS reviews, not only will Thor drop hard since its PLFs and IMAX are taken but JL may have a softer OW.

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

All the film has to do is accomplish an opening of 150 and it will be a front runner for 400dom.

What? No, I really disagree with this. A 2.7x multi for a multi-character assembly/sequel is a tall order. And while I think WW will achieve 2.7+, if it goes it'll be the first DCEU movie to do so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Yeah but there's nothing on the schedule like the Boss in between.  Theaters are going to be pretty dead up until TLJ

Also that pre-Thanksgiving weekend has trended towards good legs for blockbusters anyways (Hunger Games films and FB last year most recently).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

JL is still a sequel to BVS, a film that got trashed by critics and audiences.

People don't seem that bothered and drove Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman to $100m+ opening weekends, without a big presence from Batman or Superman. 

I'm sure Justice League will be another huge grosser. Probably $800m worldwide again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

People don't seem that bothered and drove Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman to $100m+ opening weekends, without a big presence from Batman or Superman. 

I'm sure Justice League will be another huge grosser. Probably $800m worldwide again. 

Agreed, but that would be $200m less than the One Billion lock some are arguing it is

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

What? No, I really disagree with this. A 2.7x multi for a multi-character assembly/sequel is a tall order. And while I think WW will achieve 2.7+, if it goes it'll be the first DCEU movie to do so. 

The thing is it not about the film having a long run but rather its first 10days.

It can very well be coming out of it second weekend already at a 2x.

@YourMother

has the best Prediction for this as his 155 o.w and 110 first 5days would mean after the second weekend the film would have already covered a 2x.