YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

We have faked bo numbers before. Now we have faked a cinema score. What next, fake RT? Can you imagine the meltdowns if 3% is photoshopped into JL's tomatometer? :bourne:

Just now, aabattery said:

I think they'll power forward with at least a couple more. If those get trashed as well, then buh-bye Dark Universe, but I don't think this is enough to kill the whole shebang. Plus this does have pretty impressive international numbers.

They'll probably move forward with it but it's likely they'll just pretend The Mummy never happened altogether.

The Mummy looking to be this summer's Warcraft (impressive overseas numbers but dismal domestic gross and ice cold reviews pretty much rule out a sequel).

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I think they'll power forward with at least a couple more. If those get trashed as well, then buh-bye Dark Universe, but I don't think this is enough to kill the whole shebang. Plus this does have pretty impressive international numbers.

Either way they're going to have improve the quality of their films if they wanna keep the universe alive. One of The Mummy's biggest complaints was how almost every other scene felt like it was a set-up for something else. Better to make these films more standalone, I'd say. 

• Like 1

Mummy wasn't too bad at all. Third act got kinda dumb, but otherwise it was solid and watchable. 

That being said it's going to have really bad WOM, it was way less of an action blockbuster and more of a thriller than was marketed.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

we still pay attention to cinemascores? god don't tell me we look at trailer views too

This the correlation between trailer views and OW has been great.

has for Cinemascores:

Between 2004 and 2014 the correlation seem to be considerable:

cinemascore-box-office-table-updated-she

In 2016 (using 133 wide release I had the cinemascore)

average gross / average box office multi

A+: 61.7 million / 4.165

A  : 175 million  / 3.468

A- : 72 million   / 2.943

B+: 65,5 million / 3.01

B- : 63 million / 2.846

all the Cs: 20.5 million / 2.254

the Ds: 11.6 million / 1.95

Seem to still be really clear that As movie does more at the box office with better multiplicator and that it tend to goes down. 

Pretty similar to the 2004-2014

11 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I'm a Warriors fan and I say that game was incredible. 

Only a Warriors fan would give two s's about this series. God I hope there are two different teams next year, but highly doubtful.