YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

2 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Hey, Don't blame Warner Bros, it is a great studio headed by a fantastic guy. The lackluster marketing for WW is just a tiny mistake. Let us show WB love, positivity and encouragement !

2WHg228j.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Hey, Don't blame Warner Bros, it is a great studio headed by a fantastic guy. The lackluster marketing for WW is just a tiny mistake. Let us show WB love, positivity and encouragement !

Still WW exploded that 60/130/420 prediction with 103/300-350/700.

• Like 4

Just now, Jonwo said:

Don't worry, if WB has a critical or financial turkey, he'll back to his usual self. 

Which is why you guys need to support Ninjago.

• Like 2

I wish I was bored enough to be obsessed with the head of a studio on a box office forum.

Anyway, I love seeing Wonder Woman beating the crap out of that terrible looking Mummy movie domestically. I wasn't rooting on it to fail or anything but I certainly didn't want mediocre Mummy Impossible to hurt Wonder Woman.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I wish I was bored enough to be obsessed with the head of a studio on a box office forum.

Anyway, I love seeing Wonder Woman beating the crap out of that terrible looking Mummy movie domestically. I wasn't rooting on it to fail or anything but I certainly didn't want mediocre Mummy Impossible to hurt Wonder Woman.

The Mummy was more fun to watch (not necessarily better made) than WW :redcapes: 

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Which is why you guys need to support Ninjago.

Was thinking Geostorm, that's going to trashed by critics. Ninjago will be fine but I think it'll will be of last year where the early September WB film in this case It does better than the late September film.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

I was out clubbing yesterday, and while in the toilets I heard some guy saying "derka derka derka" to his friend, and the friend replied "derka derka". so I joined in and said "derka derka derka, muhammed jihad". next thing I know every single person in the toilets is shouting "derka derka derka, derka derka, muhammad jihad!", like a good 15 people.

was fucking pissing myself (both literally and metaphorically). funniest thing I've experienced in ages. lmao

el oh el

Edited by Ozymandias

2 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

:depp:
November is gonna be a fucking thrill ride.....whooooo.....

Or support an animated Lego movie in September and we'll be in the clear.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Clever!

• Founder / Operator

Hi, everyone. :)

This Wonder Woman run is so much fun to follow. Has anyone done a comparison of superhero films' Friday-to-Friday drops? I didn't get a chance to be as thorough as I would have liked when I was looking back at comps but I imagine it can't be more than a handful of titles (at most) with better holds. What a run this is turning into so far!

• Like 34

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Was thinking Geostorm, that's going to trashed by critics. Ninjago will be fine but I think it'll will be of last year where the early September WB film in this case It does better than the late September film.

Still financial though.

• Like 1

Just now, Shawn said:

This Wonder Woman run is so much fun to follow. Has anyone done a comparison of superhero films' Friday-to-Friday drops? I didn't get a chance to be as thorough as I would have liked when I was looking back at comps but I imagine it can't be more than a handful of titles (at most) with better holds. What a run this is turning into so far!

Hi Shawn.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Both WB October films are pretty much free money for them though. Blade Runner is financed completely by Alcon and Geostorm is financed completely by Skydance (Paramount decided not to release it for some reason). WB won't be affected either way by the performance of either movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

dafuq 

• Like 2