YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Hi, everyone. :)

This Wonder Woman run is so much fun to follow. Has anyone done a comparison of superhero films' Friday-to-Friday drops? I didn't get a chance to be as thorough as I would have liked when I was looking back at comps but I imagine it can't be more than a handful of titles (at most) with better holds. What a run this is turning into so far!

thefounder1.jpg?width=960

• Like 8

This Wonder Woman run is so much fun to follow. Has anyone done a comparison of superhero films' Friday-to-Friday drops? I didn't get a chance to be as thorough as I would have liked when I was looking back at comps but I imagine it can't be more than a handful of titles (at most) with better holds. What a run this is turning into so far!

:ohmygod:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Come back...come back...You can't leave us so soon...

Edited by ACSlater
  • Like 2

GOOD LORD

Also, going with the one name thing. Worked for Prince/Cher. Solid choice. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

happy_ending.gif

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Welcome back Dear Leader. I think the closest comp currently is Iron Man, which would have had a similar drop if Thursday previews were included in Friday in 2008.

• Like 9

Just now, grim22 said:

Both WB October films are pretty much free money for them though. Blade Runner is financed completely by Alcon and Geostorm is financed completely by Skydance (Paramount decided not to release it for some reason). WB won't be affected either way by the performance of either movie.

WB is only handling domestic for Blade Runner as Sony has OS, Geostorm I suspect WB knows it's a disaster no pun intended hence the reshoots with a different director and producer and the number of release delays.

WB's Jungle Book is one i'm curious to see, that one was shot in 2015 and got moved back several times. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

WB is only handling domestic for Blade Runner as Sony has OS, Geostorm I suspect WB knows it's a disaster no pun intended hence the reshoots with a different director and producer and the number of release delays.

WB's Jungle Book is one i'm curious to see, that one was shot in 2015 and got moved back several times. 

Jungle Book is kind of like Avatar in that when it was filmed is kind of irrelevant to the movie at hand. It is a movie which will live and die by the VFX work. The post production on it is going to be very very extensive.

• Like 3

The Mummy was the worse movie I've seen this year. Whomever wrote it should be banned from pens, computers, typewriters, feathers or any possible device in which they could use to write ever again. 

Just now, Frozen said:

The Mummy was the worse movie I've seen this year. Whomever wrote it should be banned from pens, computers, typewriters, feathers or any possible device in which they could use to write ever again. 

But tell us how you really feel.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Thinking Jungle Book does Tarzan numbers at best, and under $80M domestic at worst.

• Like 1