YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

So you admit to being a pitiful attention seeker?  Duly noted, duly blocked.

I'm just glad he was not snobby with me.
You should be more careful with your words or you will never achieve your dream of becoming a moderator.

I'm not sure who wins between JW and Han Solo. For some reason a Han Solo prequel doesn't sound as much of a slam dunk to me as most of you.

But a lot is going to ride on how good the JW sequel is. It has to be better received than JW or it's going to drop hard.

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be the lowest grossing comic book movie of 2018, atleast domestically.

It and Venom should have a close race.

• ...wtf 1

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be the lowest grossing comic book movie of 2018, atleast domestically.

I'm not sure on that point - I think quality will matter a little for comic book order next year...there are a few options for "lowest supers movie" next year...I can really only exclude 1-2 from the possibilities til I see some trailers:)...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I guess I should ask...so any takers to the bandwagon for WW to beat GOTG2 in a squeaker yet?  You know you wanna join!:)  

Well, I now wish I had joined @God Emperor Tele's 400M(Spider-Man 1) club for it... Problem is, I also think/hope GOTGv2 hits close to 400M... :thinking:

Good call though! I did say here months and months ago(too lazy to look it up) that Wonder Woman would do over 100M OW and around the same number as the other DCU flicks for total but I had never imagined it going past them so easily and I'm still amazed at how it's performing, let's hope it continues to surprise!

Edited by Arlborn
Typing is hard. And so is grammar apparently.
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'm curious about how Japan receives WW. I think it has potential to surprise. When is the release date?

August 25th. No holiday boost from Obon and right when summer vacation is ending. July is super crowded and will be dominated by Pirates 5, but early August would have been much better for WW.

• Like 1

Just now, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

You don't need to talk about it...

It's all good...it's your summer Baywatch...we all have at least 1 so far (the Aliens, King Arthur, Mummy and even Pirates crowd probably all have 1, too:)...

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Mermorial Day itself isn't the problem, it's the quality of the films 

Still competition though. Even with a $175M 4 day.

Deadpool 2 can open to $150M and take up IMAX and PLFs.

Bumblebee and O8 will definitely take up screens.

Incredibles 2 may have double features but it'll take up screens and potentially do $120M+ OW.

JW2 will be the nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm not sure on that point - I think quality will matter a little for comic book order next year...there are a few options for "lowest supers movie" next year...I can really only exclude 1-2 from the possibilities til I see some trailers:)...

Animated Spider-Man will surprise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Still competition though. Even with a $175M 4 day.

Deadpool 2 can open to $150M and take up IMAX and PLFs.

Bumblebee and O8 will definitely take up screens.

Incredibles 2 may have double features but it'll take up screens and potentially do $120M+ OW.

JW2 will be the nail in the coffin.

It's way too crowded. I keep expecting something to move because it's going to be pure canibalization.

• Like 2

I don't think either X-Men movie hits 120 next year. I don't think the Dark Phoenix one is even coming out, but even if it does, this franchise should have ended with Logan, outside of the Deadpool stuff. No one gives a shit anymore. DOFP and Logan were both perfect conclusions to their respective arcs, and Apocalypse felt like a death kneel. And I'm not hater, I tend to like the average X-Men movie more than pretty much any other superhero shit. But this franchise is dead outside of Wolverine and Deadpool.

• Like 2

Between Han Solo, Deadpool 2, Oceans 8, Bumble Bee, Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World 2....one or two of those films will have to move...otherwise quite a few of them will suffer greatly from the blood bath. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Well, I now wish I had joined @God Emperor Tele's 400M(Spider-Man 1) club for it... Problem is, I also think/hope GOTGv2 hits close to 400M... :thinking:

Good call though! I did say here months and months ago(too lazy to look it up) that Wonder Woman would do over 100M OW and around the same number as the other DCU flicks for total but I had never imagining it going past them so easily, I'm sitll amazed at how it's performing, let's hope it continues to surprise!

It's why I was barely out of his club...but the higher GOTG 2 goes, the more I probably should have also taken the plunge b/c I thought and still think he was only off by $10M-$20M or so:)...I think it's still an Out, but I'd be REALLY happy to be wrong on that point by a million or so (or a hundred million or so, if this movies becomes an Avatar phenomenon without the extra Christmas bump...that's pipe dream stuff...others thought $300M was pipe dream when I thought it was reality, so I can think higher in my pipe:)...

• Like 2