YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

2 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I feel like GotG2 suffered the curse of inflated expectations whereas WW is enjoying the advantages of being a breakour hit no one really saw coming (much like the first GotG).

Guardian 2 suffered of inflated expectations and WW is enjoying the downplaying/controlling of said expectation in the media.

It certainly not a breakout hit no one really say coming, it is giant superheroes franchise blockbuster that got a giant world blockbuster 2 year<s long campaign with an intro/publicity in BvS, many expected Wonder Woman to be a big movie. Gravity was a breakout hit.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

what is split?

Split is a 2016 American psychological horror-thriller film written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan.[3] The film stars James McAvoyAnya Taylor-Joy, and Betty Buckley, and follows Kevin Wendell Crumb, a man with 23 different personalitieswho kidnaps and imprisons three teenage girls in an isolated underground facility.

Principal photography began on November 11, 2015, in PhiladelphiaPennsylvania. The film premiered at Fantastic Fest on September 26, 2016, and was released in the United States on January 20, 2017, by Universal Pictures. The film received general acclaim, with some critics labeling it a welcoming return for Shyamalan, and was a massive financial success, grossing $276 million worldwide on a budget of $9 million.

The film is a standalone sequel to the 2000 movie Unbreakable which was also written, produced and directed by M. Night Shaymalan. A sequel titled Glass and aiming for a 2019 release has been confirmed, combining the casts of both films.

$32M for Mummy is actually pretty good considering the weak pre-sales/buzz, horrible reviews, and strong competition from Wonder Woman. I hope it passes $100M domestic and end up just like I hoped: bad enough to not do any harm to WW, but good enough to not get the Dark Universe cancelled, because it's a very interesting concept. :ph34r:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

NOOOOOOPE. GOTG is good, WW is meh, Split is v good, and Get Out is great.

Wonder Woman is near perfect. The only better superhero is The Dark Knight.

Split is, in fact, very very good. Get Out is absolutely amazing, tho.

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

Wonder Woman is near perfect. The only better superhero is The Dark Knight.

I can't believe you fell for the hyperbole on WW :apocalypse: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I can't believe you fell for the hyperbole on WW :apocalypse: 

I can't believe you find it meh tbh. Were you in the right mood when you watched it? Really surprising you don't think it is at least very good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Wonder Woman is near perfect. The only better superhero DC movie is The Dark Knight.

Fixed that for you :ph34r:

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I can't believe you find it meh tbh. Were you in the right mood when you watched it? Really surprising you don't think it is at least very good.

Yeah! I mean, I kept my expectations tempered despite the strong reviews because I thought the trailers were ok. All I saw was a run of the mill superhero film with nothing special and a bad third act.

I was just reading the Deadline analysis of this weekend's box office and it seems they spoiled the big twist of The Mummy. Oh, this sucks, I still haven't seen it :wacko:

The article I'm talking about: http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-beats-tom-cruise-mummy-at-the-box-office-1202110164/

I'm mad as hell!

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

These MRA posts are showing why you lost the BOFFY.

you're so obnoxious (and boring. good combo) these days that really the only reason i don't have you on ignore is because i keep getting all these posts with 10+ likes just for giving you shit.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

The prospect of Wonder Woman alone outgrossing Superman + Batman + Wonder Woman is quite entertaining.

Also, it's an infinitely better film.

So in your view, DCEU not dead then? Or is the reboot still coming  :lol:  

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

you're so obnoxious (and boring. good combo) these days that really the only reason i don't have you on ignore is because i keep getting all these posts with 10+ likes just for giving you shit.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So boring I get you to make fun of me!