YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

3 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I'm confused :dunce:
WW didn't drop 30% on Sunday? much less?

It either did 19M on Sunday (most likely) or dropped 19% on Sunday

Or EC just wanted to talk about women's suffrage

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

I'm confused :dunce:
WW didn't drop 30% on Sunday? much less?

Empire made a comment that several people associated with the 19th amendment to the US Constituition (""The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.") and thus, to either a 19 % Sat-to-Sun drop or a 19 million dollar Sunday. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

207 cume with 59 weekend.

2x more the 2nd weekend will give it 207 + 118 = 325 Dom

But 2x more the 2nd weekend is low-balling at this point.

Can't go below 340 IMO.

If it performs crazy for a couple more weekends then could target DP.

Now expecting Deadpool/Jungle Book numbers DOM for Wonder Woman. Incredible hold.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

The Mummy is already being retconned a bit

I saw it yesterday and it's as bad as they say it is. I would've gladly taken a fourth movie instead of this even though Tomb of the Dragon Emperor was horrible.

If WW, GV2, and Logan are examples, Spidey, Thor and JL will make some nice cash. There's a realistic possibility every CBM besides Logan and LB (and TGC and Valerian) does $300M+ domestic.

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Some more WW promos have already kicked in. If everything is going right, $400m is still possible.

Now $350m+ is the target.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Spider-Man (2002) finished at $404M, is currently $17M ahead of Wonder Woman, and had drops that don't really give Wonder Woman an avenue to catch up. 

If Wonder Woman crosses $350M, it won't be by all that much.

• Like 1

Just now, titanic2187 said:

nowadays, people only flock into cinema for superhero and family friendly stuff

Split and Get Out would like to disagree with you...heck, even Fate and Kong will be complaining...they earned their spots in this year's current top 10 with no supers and few families around...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I saw it yesterday and it's as bad as they say it is. I would've gladly taken a fourth movie instead of this even though Tomb of the Dragon Emperor was horrible.

I can't remember the last time you had a controversial opinion :lol: 

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

nowadays, people only flock into cinema for superhero and family friendly stuff

Well, I mean, Get Out did just break out. Split did pretty well too. And, let's wait until Dunkirk and some of the big releases from July come and go. I expect very, very nice numbers for Dunkirk and War for the Planet of the Apes. I expect a small breakout for Baby Driver.