YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I wonder if Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Doctor Strange become the new Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor for the new Avengers movies.

It seems to me like they're clearly banking on these new characters making an impact as the old ones get phased out before the actors get too old. Which doesn't sound like a bad plan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It seems to me like they're clearly banking on these new characters making an impact as the old ones get phased out before the actors get too old. Which doesn't sound like a bad plan.

In fact I think that's what they'll do and the untitled Avengers 4 movie will make them and Ant Man and Hulk, the new Avengers at the end.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I wonder if Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Doctor Strange become the new Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor for the new Avengers movies.

If they introduce some really emotional & heartfelt character arcs we have seen with the previous trinity(expect Thor, or at least until Ragnarok) they will break out.

• Like 2

I'd say 100-110 OW for Homecoming (o/u Wonder Woman), with anywhere from 250-280 final total. 300+ is possible but I don't think people should set their expectations that high yet, especially coming off of TASM2.

• Like 3

I'm not convinced Homecoming will even open over 100m.  I think there's too much Spidey burnout, and it's not really positioned well, being sandwiched between various tentpoles.

Im personally going under TASM for Homecoming.

Edited by The Mummified Panda
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Amazing Spider-Man was good imo...

I agree there.

So far....the SM-franchise consists of 3 well-received films: SM1, SM2 & TASM.

While the other 2 SM-films: SM3 & TASM2 had some ok/average reception.

P.S: Despite the mixed results, i enjoyed both SM3 & TASM2.

16 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Do not forget SM.

IM / Thor / CA all have 3 "solo" movies.

Next phase we will see CM, BP, DS, AM and SM lead the MCU

Just now, stripe said:

Do not forget SM.

IM / Thor / CA all have 3 "solo" movies.

Next phase we will see CM, BP, DS, AM and SM lead the MCU

I can honestly see Sony taking back Spider-Man if Homecoming doesn't do at the very least above TASM.

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Wonder Woman proving how much potential the DCU movies have.

Had Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad been good movies we would have been looking at two billion grossers imo.

True.

If BvS had similar or higher reception than Man of Steel....it would have comfortably got to over $1B WW.

But BvS ended up having a similar reception as a Twilight-sequel.

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I agree there.

So far....the SM-franchise consists of 3 well-received films: SM1, SM2 & TASM.

While the other 2 SM-films: SM3 & TASM2 had some ok/average reception.

P.S: Despite the mixed results, i enjoyed both SM3 & TASM2.

I'd say TASM was ok at best. I don't think audiences have really responded to a Spider-Man movie since 2004.