YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Played out? If it's so...then how come 6 of the MCU-movies that had him, earn over $300M+...and only 4 of them, making over $400M+?

Well, simple: Critics liked the MCU-movies like the IM-trilogy, 2 of the Avengers-films & CA3.

There has not been a MCU-film with Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark, that hasn't made over $300M+.

Even Iron Man 1 & Iron Man 2 made over $300M+ DOM....and they had just him.

Incredible Hulk, but it was a quick cameo. 

TDK had one of the greatest marketing campaign ever.

I remember at the time I used to visit ONTD and the "Y So Serious?" catchprase was everywere.

Even the "I trust Harvey Dent" went viral.

• Like 4

Just now, baumer said:

Thats way too high for the OW. 

Lets not forget Iron Man is in this which I'm expecting to give this a massive boost. This isn't just another Spiderman movie since Iron Man is in it.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I can't see it opening above WW. It just doesn't have the same kind of hype.

WW didn't have much hype either at first. Most of us on here were thinking $110M-$150M OW despite tracking for WW the week before release. WW had great WOM that boosted it $103M OW but is having excellent legs.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I can't see it opening above WW. It just doesn't have the same kind of hype.

It's still a month out just about and hype seems pretty fine to me. I don't buy this... And you expected Wonder Woman to open over $150M DOM. So, the legs it's having are insane and will carry it to an awesome multiplier and total. But, you obviously misjudged the hype of it's OW DOM. As in, the WOM  is stellar the hype wasn't as big as you think. It essentially opened to the just above/same admissions as Winter Soldier, Furious 6, F8, Guardians Vol. 1.

Tony Stark is pretty played out story-wise. He still should provide a big boost to SMH box office. 

I'm a big MCU fan, but he's become the Wolverine of the franchise. Legit cool, very popular, but taking up too much space. 

Edited by Mr Terrific
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Then it was some real lack of self awareness by the makers of those films. 

I think they were aware but again the intent wasn't to make a bad film.  That's never the intent.

I wonder if Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Doctor Strange become the new Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor for the new Avengers movies.