YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I don't really think so. The third one bombed hard.

but the mummy was always a fun wild adventure franchise. it's easy to see what the appeal is. Frankenstein's Bride or whatever. Maybe once I see what they have planned I'll get it but right now I don't see the appeal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Wasn't Johnson rumored to be the Wolfman.  That would be meta.

BTW some of those Abbott and Costello meet the.....films are pretty funny.

Yes he is and I completely forgot about it but if The Dark Universe does fail they could go the comedy route. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

but the mummy was always a fun wild adventure franchise. it's easy to see what the appeal is. Frankenstein's Bride or whatever. Maybe once I see what they have planned I'll get it but right now I don't see the appeal.

The director of Beauty and the Beast who also did a film about the original Frankenstein's director. As well as the possibility of reuniting with Watson who I feel would be perfect for the role. 

Just now, Rman823 said:

The director of Beauty and the Beast who also did a film about the original Frankenstein's director. As well as the possibility of reuniting with Watson who I feel would be perfect for the role. 

hmmm. Condon doesn't do much for me. Watson is a horrible actress.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

Gods and Monsters is in my opinion his best film so Bride of Frankenstein would be perfect for him. 

Can't say I've seen it. He obviously knows how to make a pretty film I'll give him that

18 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I need my Bill Condon Bride of Frankenstein starring Emma Watson. 

You guys need to stop with this hate for the Dark Universe. Even if you didn't like The Mummy there's no need to wish them the worst. A lot of good people are getting employed to make those movies.

• Like 5

Just now, Napoleon said:

You guys need to stop with this hate for the Dark Universe. Even if you didn't like The Mummy there's no need to wish them the worst. A lot of good people are getting employed to make those movies.

Where in my comment do you get that I hate the Dark Universe ?

I think the Bride of Frankenstein if they have Angelina Jolie may be Dark Universe's first $100M+ domestic grosser or maybe even $150M-$200M. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

honestly I'm just opposed to the cinematic universe thing in general. so yeah I kinda hope it falls though

But why? 

MCU,  XCU and DCEU (recently) all seem to be on the right track.

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

But why? 

MCU,  XCU and DCEU (recently) all seem to be on the right track.

I mean they each individually have some good films. But that doesn't mean I like the idea of a universe. MCU has gotten way out of hand with all this connecting the dots bullshit and I'm pretty done with it