YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm kinda sad that Megan Leavey is bombing, I thought it would be Kate's breakout with both critics and audiences. 

The entire story was in the news less than 5 years ago...and if you missed it then, it's also in the trailer.  By just watching the trailer, you watched the movie...

This may also be a case of just too soon...some other Iraq movies suffered that fate...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

They did invest in Alien Covenant. Fox was so bullish about its prospects that if shifted it up from August without 3D! The result is for everyone to see. Split and Get Out both had more impressive opening weekends and ended up doing so much more on a tiny budget worldwide. This I had predicted so long ago but the thread was closed because well it was formed by so called experts as farfetched. 

You hate Alien even more than me. :lol: 

I'm surprised that most of persons aren't noticing at how bad it is bombing, it will barely double it's budget after all, I'm kinda sad that the franchise ended on such a low note, but I'm glad that Ridley will stop embarrassing his legacy. 

Poor Kate Mara. I feel like she's forever destined to live in Rooney's shadow. At least they got to share a laugh in 2015 when their respective attempts at blockbuster franchises proved to be miserable flops.

6 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm kinda sad that Megan Leavey is bombing, I thought it would be Kate's breakout with both critics and audiences. 

Well it looks like hot steaming garbage

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If it was in 1k theaters like it originally was going to be, its opening would have been good and in the expected range. I can't believe it ended up with nearly 2k theaters and is performing this bad.

If I wasn't on the forums every waking moment, I would've had no idea it came out this weekend. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This sentence doesn't even make much sense.

Anyway, you are talking about revisionism regarding WW in the future but by the way your tone regarding Logan keeps getting more and more negative every time you talk about it I expect you to be calling it an overrated piece of crap by the year's end. I guess you just can't help it when it comes to this X-Men universe. Oh well.

It's not negative. I just think it's a flawed great film. It's the same rating that I gave before, a solid 8/10. It's not about me not liking Fox take on X-Men, I just think that Deadpool is the best film that they've made so far, which is an outstanding 9.5/10 for me. Good grief, you say that a film you like it's overrated as hell and all of sudden you are "more and more negative". Track back to my first assessment in the film: 4/5, not as good as people are saying but great. 8/10 = 4/5. You can enjoy stuff and still point out what you don't like, it's okay. 

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Poor Kate Mara. I feel like she's forever destined to live in Rooney's shadow. At least they got to share a laugh in 2015 when their respective attempts at blockbuster franchises proved to be miserable flops.

The difference is Rooney gets better critical acclaim and Oscar nominations. I like Kate but I things aren't going so well right now career wise.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

If I wasn't on the forums every waking moment, I would've had no idea it came out this weekend. 

Bleecker Street better not fuck up Logan Lucky, but that has like 10 times the hype that Megan did :lol: 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She just need to work with a good director, she has talent and it's also a lot more charismatic than her sister, she should work with Olivier Assayas, she has that cold personality that fit well with his characters. 

26 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Oddly enough, my 5 favorite movies this year are all either horror movies or superhero movies. Generally not my usual genres, but so far it'd probably be

1. Get Out

2. Logan

3. Guardians 2

4. It Comes at Night

5. Alien: Covenant

Get Out is the only real classic this year so far IMO. 

Same with Me, Im a sucker when it comes to Superheroes and Monsters Movies ...

Ok, I just finished watching Assassin's Creed and I am confused. Why did this movie get such horrible reviews? Granted, it has it's problems, but the acting alone elevates it over a lot of blockbusters nowadays. Plus the story is not bad, if a bit underdeveloped. The movie should have been 30-40 minutes longer probably. But that aside, it is miles better than Warcraft or other video game inspired movies. I really would have liked a sequel.

• Like 3