YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

She's awful indeed. Hollywood should stop giving franchises to her, and start investing on Hailee.

this

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Some of the best comic story arcs are crossovers when dozens of popular characters come together to fight a common threat.

I don't blame Marvel for pioneering the formula and I'm not surprised it's so highly successful.

I'm not surprised it's successful. but man would it kill them to have a little ambition?

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

7-10M really. Could go either way

Urgh, I really wanted to see it breaking out, but it seems to be too experimental for casual audiences. I'm really surprised that studios are not investing on Horror movies this summer considering how well the genre did last summer. 

Those numbers for The Mummy seem...ok. Not good but ok. At least it didn't pull a King Arthur. That said, there's really nowhere to build a franchise with such weak foundations.

Poor Megan Leavey looking to make zilch but I never saw any marketing for it.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Those numbers for The Mummy seem...ok. Not good but ok. At least it didn't pull a King Arthur. That said, there's really nowhere to build a franchise with such weak foundations.

Poor Megan Leavey looking to make zilch but I never saw any marketing for it.

There's been a lot of ads at the end of FX shows the past couple weeks. 

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Urgh, I really wanted to see it breaking out, but it seems to be too experimental for casual audiences. I'm really surprised that studios are not investing on Horror movies this summer considering how well the genre did last summer. 

They did invest in Alien Covenant. Fox was so bullish about its prospects that if shifted it up from August without 3D! The result is for everyone to see. Split and Get Out both had more impressive opening weekends and ended up doing so much more on a tiny budget worldwide. This I had predicted so long ago but the thread was closed because well it was formed by so called experts as farfetched. 

38 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

hmmm. Condon doesn't do much for me. Watson is a horrible actress.

Agree, Watson would be horrible in the Bride of Frankenstein role...you need someone that can pull off instilling fear/horror in humans while also fanning a monster's desire unless this script has zero to do with the original (and to be fair, it's probably not close, since the original gave the bride so little actual screen time).  And you need to have a commanding presence most of all...Jolie is a good pick...not sure she's the only one, but Watson is definitely NOT one... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

I so thought Megan Leavey was gonna break out. seemed like an inspiring story

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm kinda sad that Megan Leavey is bombing, I thought it would be Kate's breakout with both critics and audiences. 

If it was in 1k theaters like it originally was going to be, its opening would have been good and in the expected range. I can't believe it ended up with nearly 2k theaters and is performing this bad.