YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

soderbergh works cheaply enough and can grab the occasional hit that let's him keep doing his thing. like 1 in 4 of his pictures actually do well but whatev. the knick was one the best shows while it was on. embarrassingly slept on.

Edited by CoolioD1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The high pitch Craig voice makes me feel uncomfortable

does the voice remind you of an ex? :o

:P 

Edited by 75live

Father's Day should blunt the 2nd weekend drop for Mummy I hope.

WONDR's competition is already factored in this weekend and CARS3 shouldn't affect MUMMY4 much I guess.

But then folks were feeling the same way about MemDay cushioning A:C in the 2nd weekend :ph34r:

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

soderbergh works cheaply enough and can grab the occasional hit that let's him keep doing his thing. like 1 in 4 of his pictures actually do well but whatev. the knick was one the best shows while it was on. embarrassingly slept on.

He also juggles multiple projects at once (for example, he churned out Contagion, Haywire, and Magic Mike all within the span of just over 9 months).

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Poor Kate Mara. I feel like she's forever destined to live in Rooney's shadow. At least they got to share a laugh in 2015 when their respective attempts at blockbuster franchises proved to be miserable flops.

Karma. She and Miles Teller are all of the same ilk. Frankly, Jordan isn't any better but thank God he has Coogler by his side.He is extracting the best out of him.

Edited by marveldcfox

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

megan leavey looks cute. i might see it. not at the pictures, but it looks better than that other dumb dan fogler (i know it's not dan fogler but i forgot the name of the actor and dan fogler is the closest approximation to him i can think of) dog movie from a couple months ago that was like a dog death montage or something.

A lot of disrespect to the new penguin, Coolio.

Spoiler

xEGsmpF.gif

DEVITO IS STILL ALIVE AND THEY WANT JOSH GAD WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM AAAAAH

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It focused on exactly the wrong part of the franchise.

If by that you mean the present day ark, I actually liked that much more than the past ark.:lol: Fassbender and Cotillard have some good chemistry going on. Not as good as in Macbeth, but still.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Pretty poor for Mummy. Can't see it have legs like EoT either.

If Mummy actually manages to come close to Variety's early estimate of 14 Fri and hence 35 ow, I would hope it manages 2.5x+ for 90.

Either way gonna be a much profitable venture than EOT :lol:

(Loved EOT btw, A/A+)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

I think the Bride of Frankenstein if they have Angelina Jolie may be Dark Universe's first $100M+ domestic grosser or maybe even $150M-$200M. 

$200m would be a stretch but over $100m is doable, it should be horror or maybe a gothic romance although as she was with Crimson Peak, Gothic romance doesn't sell at the box office. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

A lot of disrespect to the new penguin, Coolio.

Reveal hidden contents

jesus if this is true... there honestly aren't that many actors on my "their screen presence actively pisses me off" shit list but with Gad and Leto it seems like the ones that are are being snatched up to play batman villains. if adam devine gets cast as the riddler or some shit they're definitely fucking with me.

• Like 6

Fantastic Four Fun Fact :

Kate Mara and Jamie Bell were so depressed by the press tour they fell in love during the said press tour.

They are getting married as I speak.

Love Truly Conquers All.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

jesus if this is true... there honestly aren't that many actors on my "their screen presence actively pisses me off" shit list but with Gad and Leto it seems like the ones that are are being snatched up to play batman villains. if adam devine gets cast as the riddler or some shit they're definitely fucking with me.

They're trying a new direction of making you really hate the villains.

I don't think it's been confirmed or anything but they've definitely been teasing it. And you know it's the kind of dumb shit they'd love to pull on us.