YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

Just now, James said:

Ok, I just finished watching Assassin's Creed and I am confused. Why did this movie get such horrible reviews? Granted, it has it's problems, but the acting alone elevates it over a lot of blockbusters nowadays. Plus the story is not bad, if a bit underdeveloped. The movie should have been 30-40 minutes longer probably. But that aside, it is miles better than Warcraft or other video game inspired movies. I really would have liked a sequel.

Mkay James

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

If I wasn't on the forums every waking moment, I would've had no idea it came out this weekend. 

That's me with like over half of the films discussed here. Never heard about All Eyez on Me, for example, until Clay was hyping it.

Just now, James said:

Ok, I just finished watching Assassin's Creed and I am confused. Why did this movie get such horrible reviews? Granted, it has it's problems, but the acting alone elevates it over a lot of blockbusters nowadays. Plus the story is not bad, if a bit underdeveloped. The movie should have been 30-40 minutes longer probably. But that aside, it is miles better than Warcraft or other video game inspired movies. I really would have liked a sequel.

It focused on exactly the wrong part of the franchise.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I might see Megan Leavey next week considering how good its reception is. I can't do a double feature with that and Captain Underpants, and the latter has priority for me.

Good.

• Like 1

megan leavey looks cute. i might see it. not at the pictures, but it looks better than that other dumb dan fogler (i know it's not dan fogler but i forgot the name of the actor and dan fogler is the closest approximation to him i can think of) dog movie from a couple months ago that was like a dog death montage or something.

a lot of people whose film tastes i trust say captain underpants is a pretty fun time too! obviously yes, tele's hippie california manson family type mind/film taste isn't trustworthy for @CoolioD1

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

megan leavey looks cute. i might see it. not at the pictures, but it looks better than that other dumb dan fogler (i know it's not dan fogler but i forgot the name of the actor and dan fogler is the closest approximation to him i can think of) dog movie from a couple months ago that was like a dog death montage or something.

a lot of people whose film tastes i trust say captain underpants is a pretty fun time too! obviously yes, tele's hippie california manson family type mind/film taste isn't trustworthy for @CoolioD1

Well, Megan Leavey isn't trying to woo the audience by putting the dog in cutesy, "hilarious" scenarios. 

• Like 1