YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

1 hour ago, Tower said:

As someone who really enjoyed both versions of BVS, I don't see how you could go from hating the theatrical to loving the UC, they aren't that different. there should be something in between.

Well, I didn't hate the theatrical version but I do feel the UC is a lot better because I'm big on editing and the theatrical version was jarring at times and some storylines not fully fleshed out. I went from scratching my head a little bit to "Ohhhh okay.."  so that's a big improvement.  I will also say this.  If you are a big fan of DC Comics or comics in general like I am some of those scenes specifically the Knightmare sequences were so awesome to see on the big screen but a casual viewer maybe not..    I feel like BvS is the ultimate movie for comic fans. There's so much in there little easter eggs that are great. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Digital Domain did the Beast motion capture in BATB and it is great in some scenes but not so good in others whereas Framestore did the objects and they looked great throughout the film. Imageworks are very hit and miss.

I'd be curious if the Wonder Woman sequel uses Cheetah, if they go the motion capture route, will they go for WETA or maybe Framestore.

Yeah, Framestore has been doing amazing work with cg-characters since Buckbeack from "Prisoner of Azkaban".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Hi, everyone. :)

This Wonder Woman run is so much fun to follow. Has anyone done a comparison of superhero films' Friday-to-Friday drops? I didn't get a chance to be as thorough as I would have liked when I was looking back at comps but I imagine it can't be more than a handful of titles (at most) with better holds. What a run this is turning into so far!

The one and only

giphy.gif

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

Everyone is setting the bar too high ,This is why there's  a few who are saying WW opening to 100mil was kinda a disappointment when MoS,BVS,SS opened to 115,166,133.

This is a perfect example of too high of standards.

Im not calling it simple but its dumb to keep dwelling over the fact the BVS didn't make a Billion ,especially Now that The Dceu is on its way to four 300+dom grossers in a row.

Damn the fact that one of those films didn't make a Billion this is a very big accomplishment for a Any Shared Universe .

well, MoS and SS were huge success, only haters couldn't be satisfied, but BvS was a different case, the failure of BvS failed to make billion was certainly laughable(a billion was not a too high standard for BvS)and was a huge blow to WB in managing its DCEU plan.a

$330m domestically, that means even american sniper was doing more that, this is awfully pain  

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

How many folks think Cars3 can out-gross Coco. If it's not out right unrealistic, I gonna make a club.

Strike while the iron is hot.

• Like 2

pro.BO's 51 estimate based on 15.8 Fri seems too low for WONDR.

Even giving it below average holds,

15.8 + 21 (+33%) + 15 (-28.5%) = 51.8

Sub-52 will not happen imo.

Also have given the more accurate looking 12.028 figure for Mummy opposed to the 12.000 studio number. Both are the same as such but seems they got the latest inside number, meaning Mummy did manage to cross 12 after all....barely so.

Edited by a2knet

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Holy crap, I think I liked a whole page of comments @98

I need help.

We can get you through this.

To start, we'll dial it down a notch. Only like my comments and that should cut you down a little.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

To start, we'll dial it down a notch. Only like my comments and that should cut you down a little.

Fuck you. You have a fantastic post to like ratio. Let him help those of us who aren't as fortunate as you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Nah I need my Arlborn likes. He and Blankments make up 85% of my likes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Fuck you. You have a fantastic post to like ratio. Let him help those of us who aren't as fortunate as you. 

You don't know the struggle. I barely have a 2:1 ratio. Every day is a battle to try keep this charade going.

You lot have it easy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

You don't know the struggle. I barely have a 2:1 ratio. Every day is a battle to try keep this charade going.

You lot have it easy.

I have about a 1.4:2 ratio. I need those likes.

• Like 2