WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

6 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Top Ten Marvel and DC

Blade

Winter Soldier

Logan

Batman 89

Deadpool

GOTG2

Constantine/V for Vendetta

DOFP

Superman the Movie

The Avengers

Your list in March:

Top 10:

Blade

Logan

Winter Soldier

Deadpool

Batman (89)

DOFP

Superman the Movie

The Avengers

The Mask/Dredd

Constatine/V for Vendetta

Surprisingly consistent.

stalker mode: on

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wonder Woman was HUGE at my theatre today. Cars also did extremely well. 

The crappy weather probably also helped, but there were so many families going for Father's Day, I'm going to say actuals go up by at least 1-2M

The 4DX showing I saw was nearly full. I think there were only a few seats left in the front row.

As far as the 4DX experience itself it's... interesting, I suppose. Some parts of it, like the mobility and haptic seats, were good. The air effects were mostly distracting, though, especially for any scene that had wind while also being fairly quiet. In such a case, the fans starting up sounded like an X-Box 360.

The water was... weird. There's literally only one moment when it's used in the film, for a fraction of a second, so getting a few drips on the head is hella distracting.

I suppose as an experience it could be better, with more development, but it's pretty cheesy overall. Really high tech cheesy, but not really something I'd go out of my way for. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

The 4DX showing I saw was nearly full. I think there were only a few seats left in the front row.

As far as the 4DX experience itself it's... interesting, I suppose. Some parts of it, like the mobility and haptic seats, were good. The air effects were mostly distracting, though, especially for any scene that had wind while also being fairly quiet. In such a case, the fans starting up sounded like an X-Box 360.

The water was... weird. There's literally only one moment when it's used in the film, for a fraction of a second, so getting a few drips on the head is hella distracting.

I suppose as an experience it could be better, with more development, but it's pretty cheesy overall. Really high tech cheesy, but not really something I'd go out of my way for. 

Did they have scents at the Regal downtown, too? I haven't been there yet, but I saw Fate at a 4DX in Orlando while on vacation which claimed to use 1,000 different scents, but the only thing I remember smelling was burnt oil. Heh.

I, in general, hated the experience. I could deal with the all the bells and whistles if the screen was of a great quality, but they seem to put the 4DX in small auditoriums.

• Like 1

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

Did they have scents at the Regal downtown, too? I haven't been there yet, but I saw Fate at a 4DX in Orlando while on vacation which claimed to use 1,000 different scents, but the only thing I remember smelling was burnt oil. Heh.

I, in general, hated the experience. I could deal with the all the bells and whistles if the screen was of a great quality, but they seem to put the 4DX in small auditoriums.

Should've opted for the IMAX at Pointe Orlando. It's one of the biggest screens in the state. I haven't tried 4DX there yet and don't intend to.

3 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Yeah, there were a scents, mostly in the battlefield scenes, but it didn't really seem like a strong addition.

If I'm ranking the quality of the effects from best to worst:

1. Rumble Seats

2. Mobility

3. Scents

4. Water

5. Puffs of air

6. Wind

7. Lightning

And, yeah, I was kinda surprised it wasn't on one of the biggest screens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Dark Phoenix has a bad director and will disappoint at the box office and critically and Venom's is being made by Sony who will probably micromanage the project into a bad movie like they have been doing for years now. WB could have easily released another film in 2018 if another project was ready.

Eh, you can't call someone a bad director if they've never directed anything. I'm not saying he's either good or bad, just that he's new(he knows the franchise really well though) so at least wait until he's actually directed his first movie to judge him please.

But yeah sure, I love the X-Men movies myself and I'd see it as a big victory if Dark Phoenix got 200M/600M total. Similar numbers to Apocalypse would already be pretty good actually.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Ок:

1) The Dark Knight

2) Spider-Man-2

3) V means Vendetta

4) Batman Begins

5) X-Men-2

6) Watchmen 

7) Road to Perdition

8) Sin City

9) Iron Man

10) Winter Soldier 

V means Vendetta, eh?

Edited by Biggestgeekever

11 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I've still only seen about 2.25 Transformers movies. 

I have seen 2. The 1st one, 3/4th of the 2nd one and 1/4th of the 3rd done.

• Like 3

FF8 OS has been staggering!!! It's up to 1.012B, only 7.5M away from JW! If the ER were better or similar to FF7, it would be over 1.1B or around 50M drop from it's predecessor. OS performance has been beyond phenomenal.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Eh, you can't call someone a bad director if they've never directed anything. I'm not saying he's either good or bad, just that he's new(he knows the franchise really well though) so at least wait until he's actually directed his first movie to judge him please.

But yeah sure, I love the X-Men movies myself and I'd see it as a big victory if Dark Phoenix got 200M/600M total. Similar numbers to Apocalypse would already be pretty good actually.

I'm predicting that he is a bad director. His being previously involved with the stagnant X-Men series is a terrible thing. The series needed new blood and an experienced director. Let me tell you what's going to happen in Dark Phoenix because it happens in every single X-Men movie. 

After helping the X-Men Magneto is going to turn back to the dark side and then try to destroy humans until they either stop him or talk him into stopping his evil plan. Wash, rinse and repeat until the end of time.

I don't really see why this one would do any better than Apocalypse did? Apocalypse was a villain that every fan wanted to see for a long time and they totally screwed that up and somehow had a movie with such a huge villain only gross 155 million domestically. 

Hey while we are handing out letter grades let me do Transformers 

Transformers B- 

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen D  

Transformers Dark of the Moon C+ 

Transformers Age of Extinction D- 

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 4