WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Chris Evans achieved is first non domestic non-flop post captain america with Gifted this year (outside the mcu), look like it was a nice success and well liked movie that did really well finnancially (Snowpiercer is not really fair, was kind of a direct to video title domestic, still a nice world success).

4/7/2017 Gifted FoxS $24,350,947 2,215 $446,380 56 14
9/4/2015 Before We Go RTWC $37,151 21 $18,630 21 23
6/27/2014 Snowpiercer RTWC $4,563,650 356 $171,187 8 18
5/3/2013 The Iceman (2013) MNE $1,969,193 258 $87,946 4 20
9/30/2011 What's Your Number? Fox $14,011,084 3,011 $5,421,669 3,002 16
9/23/2011 Puncture MNE $68,945 5 $29,175 4 22

post first Thor, Hemsworth has not a good track record either, Rush being the only big success I think outside franchise (and some of them like Winter war, Ghostbuster didn't do all that good. Would not surprise me if Cabin in the woods had a nice life and ended up being a success too though.

Renner had nice movies too post-Avengers in supporting/co-lead,  Arrival, Mission Impossibles, American Hustle, Hansel and Gretel, a really nice tv episode on Louis he has a much more open schedule that the other people named. Also The House is not even released yet, bit soon to tag it as a flop.

There is quite a big amount of luck/badluck involved and if you do not make many movie because of those filled schedule, it is easy to go year's without any outside the franchise success, specially if you do not work unstop all the time.

Huh? It was a limited release sure and it did great in that regard but it was not close to direct to video in any way? It wasn't a flop at all. Made $86 million WW. They are working on a TV adaption of the movie for a reason.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The movie has Sean William Scott as the messiah, The Rock looking confused as to why he is even there, the aforementioned car sex scene, and Justin Timberlake (who might actually have been high) in this random music video out of nowhere

These are all huge positives, not negatives. :lol: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrPink said:

I'm a bitch for @Jay Hollywood's opinions. I TRUST HIM

Wonder Woman is like the first movie we've ever disagreed upon. 

Yes, the bond is strong. In Pink I strongly  trust, your course is true. This post made my day. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-16%20at%2010.01.

Expected to disagree on Wonder Woman haha, Im glad you liked it, I wish I did but I knew I'd be a clear outliner on this one. You gotta have one here and there don't that quite match up. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Huh? It was a limited release sure and it did great in that regard but it was not close to direct to video in any way? It wasn't a flop at all. Made $86 million WW. They are working on a TV adaption of the movie for a reason.

Domestic the movie was released on VOD day and date with theatrical, didn't got a real theatrical marketing budget and it never went really wide (that why I said kind of direct to video on the domestic market and still a nice world success)

Edited by Barnack

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Picking a favorite of the 3 is tough for me, I'd actually probably go 1,2,3 in order. But 3 is still better than most of the animated films ever made. 

I know I'm in the minority here (especially with all of you who basically grew up on the trilogy), but while I think TS3 is fine I don't think it's particularly great. It's around DORY-level. 

• Like 1

You know, I want to plan a BOT movie night by renting a film, watching it on Rabb.it (a screen sharing site where you can watch other people's screens, perfect for a movie night), and having a commentary on the film in the chat.  Should be optimal for viewing Hard to Be a God :).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Mummified Panda said:

Wow, All Eyez on Me was probably the worst movie they could have made about Tupac.  No wonder Jada Pickett Smith was pissed about his portrayal.

Everything I've heard about it makes it sound like one of these terrible and exploitative "unauthorized" produced-for-TV biopics (and with production values on the same level as those). Yeesh.

• Like 1

I don't know how good TS4 will be but the ending for the third works from a dramatic standpoint even if it's not the last time we see the characters. It's still the end of their time with Andy.

I think there's potential in writing the toys as immortal spirits observing the changing world as they get passed from child to child. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

I know I'm in the minority here (especially with all of you who basically grew up on the trilogy), but while I think TS3 is fine I don't think it's particularly great. It's around DORY-level. 

Lol no way. Dory level so that means you think FN is a lot better than TS3? 

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Yes, the bond is strong. In Pink I strongly  trust, your course is true. This post made my day. 

Expected to disagree on Wonder Woman haha, Im glad you liked it, I wish I did but I knew I'd be a clear outliner on this one. You gotta have one here and there don't that quite match up. 

You know someone has good taste when they hate Jurassic Park III.

I will say I'm also not totally over-the-moon with TS3. The ending is nice but the breakout plot is kinda flabby and Barbie and Ken were pointless. Hoping Lee Unkrich does with Coco like Rich Moore did with Zootopia.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I always found the Toy Story movies to be some of Pixar's lesser works (out of their good stuff).

Theyre better than TGD, Brave, Cars, and such but they aren't on the same level as stuff like Inside Out for me.

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Dory level....:sparta:

I would put Dory in the bottom 5 of Pixar. 

• Like 3