grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

I miss Harry Potter.

sadpug.5a9b4.gif

I am actually rereading SS right now. And I mean right now. I have the book in my hand. I got the best gifts for my birthday this year: a boxed set with the first three books, the Elder Wand, funkos of Harry and Voldy, a home-made golden snitch with my name on it, tickets to the SS concert movie, plus custom made letters from Hogwarts lmao (and a Bear Grylls book because I am obsessed with anything survival):rofl:

But yeah, SS is sooo goooood!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

What about that C+ film bears any relevance to our situation at hand?

You finally broke your Creech fetish.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

It's currently not looking like it.

is this one indian?  I cannot find a wikipedia page for it

11./12) DJ Duvvada Jagannadh (BSKY), 190 theaters / $608K Fri. / 3-day cume: $1.8M /Wk 1

I am assuming (BSKY) = this right here...

BY PARENT COMPANY

BLUE SKY CINEMA

#1–3
Rank Movie Title (click to view) Studio Total Gross / Theaters Opening / Theaters Open
1 Baahubali: The Beginning BSC $6,738,000 236 $3,575,000 236 7/9/15
2 A Aa BSC $2,313,043 115 $1,213,057 115 6/1/16
3 Premam BSC $828,278 112 $448,129 112 10/6/16
Edited by Matrix4You

I'll say this about Han, he's a good kid, smart and I'm pretty sure not racist/sexist. However when he really likes a movie or is meh on it despite everyone else, he really leans into the role, to the point it becomes an annoyance, in this case WW and Split. Like I get it, and by no means is WW infallible but by embracing the role so much, you can't separate correctly whether this is the role talking for dramatic flair or not

• Like 5

SS and COS are under-rated. They imagined the world of Hogwarts brilliantly and have an other-worldly feel to them.

They got the music, the cast and the wizarding infrastructure/architecture bang on target. Both movies also have the warmth of Christmas movies.

As the kids grew and stories got darker was fair for Columbus to movie on, but COS too was darker than SS and Columbus did a very good job with it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

I stanned Suicide Squad for a year before it came out.

Then I watched it.

:sadben:

Point is, just don't fucking stan for movies that haven't come out yet.

But then the Avatar 2 thread would be a ghost town...

:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

I couldn't pass up blurays at $5 apiece. 

He wanted to get *five* Captain Underpants books. :unsure: 

Reading is fundamental:)...but, you could buy your kid comic books, instead (that's what I do, so I don't feel like shooting myself when reading them 100 times)...I'd recommend Batman '66, Squirrel Girl, Scooby Do Team Up, Spongebob, and Brave Chef Brianna (if he likes cooking and monsters) as good kid choices...and any current or past comic by Balthazar and Franco, since Tele Jr is still young:)  - Tiny Titans, Superman Family Adventures, Itty Bitty Hellboy, Aw Yeah Comics, etc:)...

Looking at WB's 2018 slate, their summer is indeed empty. They have The Nun, which will probably be huge since it belongs to The Conjuring universe and Ocean's 8 seem like a nice counter-programming to me. I am quite sure that one will break out big (thinking over 400m WW). And Meg could also be big if marketed well.

But all of WB's tentpole for next year are geared up towards the end of the year (Fantastic Beasts 2, Aquaman, Jungle Book and to a smaller extent Smallfoot). Plus Ready Player One and Tom Raider in the first few months of the year. 

And looking at the clusterfuck that is Summer 2018, I think they actually might've made the right choice. I mean: May (Avengers and Han Solo, assuming it doesn't change dates), June (Deadpool, The Incredibles, JW, TF), July (MI6, Ant-Man, HT, Alita, plus a BlueSky animation). And then there's the dead month of August, where, aside from a Disney fairytale, whatever that is, there is no tentpole. That is why Meg could break out.

Also, WTF is up with November. It is almost as bad as June. Dark Phoenix, Mulan (or Nutcracker), The Grinch, Fantastic Beasts, Ralph 2. Dark Phoenix will move for sure if Fox wants to make any money at all. The Nutcracker will get destroyed by The Grinch and them both plus Beasts will destroy Ralph. And then you have Animated Spidey, Aquaman, Mortal Engines and Marry Poppins in December. And people say HS will move there? There is no place. Even with December's capacity to sustain multiple movies, you have 2 months full of family competition. SW may be a big deal and would come out on top, but I have to believe that Disney also cares about OS revenues, which would be affected for sure. 

I think one of the studios will move a big tentpole in August. SS proved it works and it is so empty.      

• Like 5