grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ocean's 12 has all the style and fun of the first one with maybe 25% of the focus. In other words it's vv good

except none of that is true :P

I just saw I can exchange some of my movie points for clip on realD 3d glasses and case.  hmmm...I may have to do this even though I don't really watch any 3d movies :P 

Edited by 75live

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You don't like 12?

I would say it is kind of ok if I am being kind, but it's nowhere near the other two, especially the first one.  

It was always going to be hard to match Ocean's 11, considering it is a perfect film, but they did a good effort with 12. I like that they tried to make it unique, even if it kind of backfired in some parts.

27 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

AWE is so bloated. They should've cut a good 30 minutes out of it.

It's unbelievable that the film spends sooooooooo looooooong setting up and dissecting the British Navy and the Pirates' Brethren, all on the promise of this massive naval battle that will be so amazing our minds cannot even comprehend it... all for the final action set piece to be between two ships. It's a pretty awesome set piece, but 30-45 minutes of Pirates 3 were completely pointless.

I mean, I guess Elizabeth Swann becoming a pirate queen is kind of cool. But then she ends the movie living on an island.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 11