grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

They also collapsed during the same summer.

Were both based on something debatably trivial like toys or theme park rides.

Both had a lead who became controversial eventually.

Both made over one billion exactly twice.

Probably some other stuff too, lol.

Both have a four year difference between their first installment, and one of them wasn't even expected to be as much of a hit as it was (POTC), so that's something different between the two.

@Ethan Hunt....just finished watching the first Transformers...my God that is a terrific film.  It's one of the best blockbusters ever made and it shows me how much the series misses Shia and Megan...but especially Shia.  His presence is what makes the films so enjoyable!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

@Ethan Hunt....just finished watching the first Transformers...my God that is a terrific film.  It's one of the best blockbusters ever made and it shows me how much the series misses Shia and Megan...but especially Shia.  His presence is what makes the films so enjoyable!

X9XLr+yTJim2wAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

Edit: I like the first one. But that is a brave statement :lol:

Edited by Brainbug

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

If this is the last Transformers, and I doubt it will be, but if it is, it had a hell of a run for Paramount and DWKs.  It will end up grossing over 4 billion dollars for 5 films, plus a ton more on HV and increased merchandise sales for Hasbro.  And if it goes out with about 700 million, that's a hell of a final take for the series.  All good things come to an end and if this is it, it's been a great run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

X9XLr+yTJim2wAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=

Edit: I like the first one. But that is a brave statement :lol:

That's why I was tagging Ethan...he and I are on the same page with Transformers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

If this is the last Transformers, and I doubt it will be, but if it is, it had a hell of a run for Paramount and DWKs.  It will end up grossing over 4 billion dollars for 5 films, plus a ton more on HV and increased merchandise sales for Hasbro.  And if it goes out with about 700 million, that's a hell of a final take for the series.  All good things come to an end and if this is it, it's been a great run.

People really ignore how fantastic box office run of this franchise have been. Paramount will never be sorry to hire michael bay and make this series.

• Like 2

I don't care what people think, Transformers and Shia and Bay should have been up for best picture, actor and director in 2007.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't care what people think, Transformers and Shia and Bay should have been up for best picture, actor and director in 2007.

I will say this about the first transformers...seeing my childhood come alive with Optimus Prime was one of the best moments ever in my movie going experience until that time...

Not to forget that one scene with Megan Fox bent over the car...jeez...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, even if it got up there for Best Picture (and dare I even say Director), it would have ridiculous competition that it would've never gotten a chance to win.

Shia for Best Actor though...... :rofl: Especially in the year where Daniel Day Lewis played Daniel Plainview in There Will Be Blood :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

People really ignore how fantastic box office run of this franchise have been. Paramount will never be sorry to hire michael bay and make this series.

That I don't, but I care more about box office than arguing movie quality. The adjusted domestic gross for the first 3 films is very impressive. All are in the top 200 of all-time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

That I don't, but I care more about box office than arguing movie quality. The adjusted domestic gross for the first 3 films is very impressive. All are in the top 200 of all-time.

Yep. If people say potc is impressive box office wise, they have to include transformers too. Two critic proof franchises.

• Like 1