Napoleon

Second Act | STX | December 21, 2018 | Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini, Vanessa Hudgens & Milo Ventimiglia | The Feel Good Comedy Of The Holiday Season

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

feminist? listen to EL ANILLO, plus working with dr puke after the kesha rape, trash.

Dr. Luke was credited on Ain't Your Mama because he had worked on an earlier version of the song with Meghan Trainor. JLo didn't work with him.

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Dr. Luke was credited on Ain't Your Mama because he had worked on an earlier version of the song with Meghan Trainor. JLo didn't work with him.

she could have rejected it. and el anillo is sexist. try again. jlo only cares about getting attention

22 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

hope she sucked that dick dry at least once! but her taste is men is disgusting so i doubt it

I thought he was married, but then I did some research and found out he's single and has a very short list of public relationships. Hmm. I wonder if he's gay.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/jennifer-lopez-second-act-movie-release-date-change-thanksgiving-to-december-1202470850/

Jennifer Lopez’s romantic comedy Second Act from STX is moving out of the crowded Thanksgiving Eve frame of Wednesday Nov. 21 to Dec. 14.

We hear Second Act is moving due to some incredible test screenings. Universal’s TIFF winner Green Book landed on Second Act‘s old date of Nov. 21 recently and that hotly buzzed awards season title is looking to make a play at women and older audiences for the Viggo Mortensen-Mahershala Ali drama about pianist Don Shirley and his Italian-American chauffeur.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

From one crowded frame to another.

To be fair, Maid in Manhattan opened on the same weekend in 2002 and made nearly $100M despite facing Lord of the Rings and a Sandra Bullock romcom (which made a similar total) so I guess we'll see how much pull J. Lo still has - this is her first vehicle in what feels like ages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

From one crowded frame to another.

It's a better release date tbh. It's away from Widows and Green Book, making it the only wide release during the holidays exclusively appealing to adult women, apart from OTBOS (there's also Mary Poppins, but it's first target audience is families)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, Maid in Manhattan opened on the same weekend in 2002 and made nearly $100M despite facing Lord of the Rings and a Sandra Bullock romcom (which made a similar total) so I guess we'll see how much pull J. Lo still has - this is her first vehicle in what feels like ages.

Jlo was peaking in 2002, literally. she's nowhere near that now, even tho she's still relevant as a celebrity, commercially she's kinda toast, i see this doing home again numbers

Edited by TombRaider

This is a terrible, terrible release date and they are going to have to move again, at least as it looks now.  

In a 7 day period Warner Bros. has 2 movies, Universal has 2 movies, Sony has 2 movies and Disney, Fox and Paramount have big budget movies.  

STX doesn't have the clout to get the screens they need.  This doesn't even count Annapurna releasing Vice and multiple Focus or Fox Searchlight awards movies opening and expanding around the same time.  

There are about 4 movies that need to move into January and February.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This is a terrible, terrible release date and they are going to have to move again, at least as it looks now.  

In a 7 day period Warner Bros. has 2 movies, Universal has 2 movies, Sony has 2 movies and Disney, Fox and Paramount have big budget movies.  

STX doesn't have the clout to get the screens they need.  This doesn't even count Annapurna releasing Vice and multiple Focus or Fox Searchlight awards movies opening and expanding around the same time.  

There are about 4 movies that need to move into January and February.  

Well put. The only theaters that will be fine are ones with 20+ screens, which is only what, 4% of theaters nationwide? All other theaters have to worry about pushing holdovers out, and not giving enough capacity to the movies that need it. The movies that clearly need to vacate are Mortal Engines, Second Act, Marwen, and The Mule (maybe Holmes too but the season needs a comedy). I have no clue why WB decided releasing The Mule in this timeframe was a good idea

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1