Napoleon

Second Act | STX | December 21, 2018 | Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini, Vanessa Hudgens & Milo Ventimiglia | The Feel Good Comedy Of The Holiday Season

STX took JLo's next movie away from Annapurna. Along with moving Second Act to the crowdest release date of the year, those are very strong signs they are confident in this film. Also, from Deadline: "We hear Second Act is moving due to some incredible test screenings." 

The Greatest Showman type of run incoming? STX is on to something.

I think I'll create my first club.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

STX took JLo's next movie away from Annapurna. Along with moving Second Act to the crowdest release date of the year, those are very strong signs they are confident in this film. Also, from Deadline: "We hear Second Act is moving due to some incredible test screenings." 

I'd join it.

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I won't go that far lol but I am thinking this will do better than expected with $50M+ or so. Helps immensely that it's the only movie really targeting adult women over the Christmas/New Year's season (aside from Mary Poppins but that's gonna play much more broadly).

BR audience laughed in all the right places. it was definitely better received that Dark Phoenix. Spekaing of, can GoT actors just go away? Aidan Gillen was fuckin terrible as always in BR, and Turner can't act her way out of a paperbag in anything including that generic trailer.

4 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I can't wait for this movie to come out. Not that I'm excited for it, but it feels like 80% of all of the movies I've seen lately have this playing as one of the previews. This is my Spider's Web, and I'm sick of watching it.

I've only gotten the trailer at Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm glad I can stop getting Robin Hood tho

22 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Early reactions incredibly positive, I've never seen such a positive response to a movie before. $100 million domestic may be happening. Maid In Manhattan is going down. 

You have to be trolling at this point LMAO.

are the rest trolling too? its a jlo rom com in 2018. cant see this doing over 35m

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

are the rest trolling too? its a jlo rom com in 2018. cant see this doing over 35m

I can see this going over 35m and do bigger than I feel pretty run for STX even, her 4 million budget 10% on RT Boys Next Door openned quite well and Segal went over 100m 5 movie in a row before Grudge Match, star driven comedy box office (and the budget they get) is not what it was during that run obviously but still.

But that was Blum-Universal with an really impressive track record, STX went over 100m once in their existence with Bad Mom phenomenon and without any co-star to help doing 100m would be quite the feat.

Edited by Barnack

6 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

The Back-up Plan made more than $35 million and that was before her renaissance. JLo is way more popular now than she was in 2010. 

The Boy Next Door (2015) OW adjusts to $17 million the same as Jennifer Lawrence's Red Sparrow. If you look at all the other popular stars like Melissa McCarthy, Mark Wahlberg, that's also what their low to mid budget movies open at. JLo is still an A-list star and audiences want to see her in a rom com again. If this movie is good and well reviewed it will make $100 million easily. JLo is a beloved legendary actress.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Where?

Everywhere. If you look at the Youtube view count, her music videos are much more popular than other female artists from the same era. JLo reignited her career after replacing Simon Cowell on America Idol in 2011. Granted, there's not enough evidence that her acting career is in as good a shape as her singing career, but The Boy Next Door opened with $15 million in January 2015 which is in line with what the popular actors do these days with low budget movies. Her tv series on NBC, Shades Of Blue, had really good premiere ratings in January 2016. I'm not saying JLo is a big box office draw, but if she puts out a good movie and advertise it, I think people will show up. Audiences like her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The Back-up Plan made more than $35 million and that was before her renaissance. JLo is way more popular now than she was in 2010.  

No she isnt. She's released like 10 singles and they all bombed. she has amazing connections, gets to perform and attend everywhere and everything, but gp doesnt give a shit about her

shades of blue flopped too

the last time she was relevant acting wise was in 2005 with that jane fonda rom com

Edited by TombRaider

24 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

No she isnt. She's released like 10 singles and they all bombed. she has amazing connections, gets to perform and attend everywhere and everything, but gp doesnt give a shit about her

shades of blue flopped too

the last time she was relevant acting wise was in 2005 with that jane fonda rom com

If audiences don't care about JLo why does she have 13 million monthly listeners on Spotify (more than Britney, Madonna, Janet and many others)? Why did Shades Of Blue last 3 seasons? Why is she in Forbes' top 10 highest paid female artists list every year?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If audiences don't care about JLo why does she have 13 million monthly listeners on Spotify (more than Britney, Madonna, Janet and many others)? Why did Shades Of Blue last 3 seasons? Why is she in Forbes' top 10 highest paid female artists list every year?

1. because she releases a single every month while madonna and britney havent released in a long time??? i'll give you that el anillo was a semi hit in spanish speaking countries

2. SOB lasted 3 seasons because it was in her contract with that dancing show. the ratings were bad

3. because as a celebrity she's still big. she works very hard and loves attention

• Like 1