Jump to content

aabattery

The Front Runner | 7th of November, 2018 | Hugh Jackman to play Senator Gary Hart in political drama by Jason Reitman

Recommended Posts



My heart jumped for joy when I first read "The Frontruner | Hugh Jackman" because I thought Jackman was going to star in a film adaptation of Patricia Nell Warren's "The Front Runner"!! Anyone remembers that book?  I got so excited and happy, and I was already casting (in my head) who would play the young runner that becomes Jackman's character's [male] lover!!! I was already hoping for Michael B. Jordan or Ryan Guzman!!!! Alas, this will be some [maybe] boring political drama. :( 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cochofles said:

My heart jumped for joy when I first read "The Frontruner | Hugh Jackman" because I thought Jackman was going to star in a film adaptation of Patricia Nell Warren's "The Front Runner"!! Anyone remembers that book?  I got so excited and happy, and I was already casting (in my head) who would play the young runner that becomes Jackman's character's [male] lover!!! I was already hoping for Michael B. Jordan or Ryan Guzman!!!! Alas, this will be some [maybe] boring political drama. :( 

 

Gary Hart was a middle-aged rising star in the Democratic Party during the 1980s who was the frontrunner for the 1988 presidential nomination, whose career imploded after rumors of him being a womanizer arose he challenged the media to find dirt on him and lo and behold they uncovered him having an affair.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites



3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

 

Gary Hart was a middle-aged rising star in the Democratic Party during the 1980s who was the frontrunner for the 1988 presidential nomination, whose career imploded after rumors of him being a womanizer arose he challenged the media to find dirt on him and lo and behold they uncovered him having an affair.

 

I remember his name. There was a famous pic of him and the mistress on a boat, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



18 hours ago, Cochofles said:

My heart jumped for joy when I first read "The Frontruner | Hugh Jackman" because I thought Jackman was going to star in a film adaptation of Patricia Nell Warren's "The Front Runner"!! Anyone remembers that book?  I got so excited and happy, and I was already casting (in my head) who would play the young runner that becomes Jackman's character's [male] lover!!! I was already hoping for Michael B. Jordan or Ryan Guzman!!!! Alas, this will be some [maybe] boring political drama. :( 

 

That's what I thought when I saw the title as well.  Darn it.

 

Gary Hart though - meh - the only interesting thing about him was getting caught via his moronic dare to the press.  Not sure how that makes his story worth a film starring Jackman.

 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EW article has some more info about this:

 

http://ew.com/movies/the-front-runner-gary-hart-hugh-jackman-cast/the-front-runner-full-cast-announcement

 

And the cast:

Quote

Vera Farmiga     ...      Lee Hart
Hugh Jackman     ...     Gary Hart
Kaitlyn Dever     ...     Andrea Hart
Ari Graynor     ...     Ann Devroy
Molly Ephraim     ...     Irene Kelly
J.K. Simmons     ...     Bill Dixon
Sara Paxton     ...     Donna Rice
Josh Brener     ...     Doug Wilson
Mike Judge     ...     Jim Savage
Toby Huss     ...     Billy Broadhurst
Mark O'Brien     ...     Billy Shore
Kevin Pollak     ...     Bob Martindale
Tommy Dewey     ...     John Emerson
Mamoudou Athie     ...     A.J. Parker
Spencer Garrett ...     Bob Woodward

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites





Oh yeah, I guess Sony needed something this season too. Paramount will now focus 100% on A Quiet Place.

 

The article says Sony will release it to coincide with the midterms.

Edited by WrathOfHan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh yeah, I guess Sony needed something this season too. Paramount will now focus 100% on A Quiet Place.

 

The article says Sony will release it to coincide with the midterms.

Don't tell me you think A Quiet Place is gonna be going for awards.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Don't tell me you think A Quiet Place is gonna be going for awards.

Paramount has nothing else to campaign for. Not saying it's going to get nominated, but Paramount will try.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A Quiet Place will get the sound noms and nothing else

How can a movie with no noise end up with sound nominations?  :thinking:

 

Spoiler

And before anyone says anything, yes, I've seen the movie, it probably will get sound noms, I'm trying to make a joke.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Don't tell me you think A Quiet Place is gonna be going for awards.

 

To be frank, A Quiet Place will likely be the only thing Paramount has to campaign for. Paramount has historically been interested in distributing potential Oscar players (Selma, The Big Short, Arrival), and they're already gonna campaign it for the sound categories anyway. Might as well go the extra mile and see what can happen!

Link to comment
Share on other sites







42 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Oh yeah, it's also expanding on November 16, then goes wide on November 21.

 

It'll go wide alongside five other wide releases... They might be better off releasing wide on November 30th or December 7th -- historically bad release dates, yes, but at least then, they wouldn't have to worry about direct competition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.