aabattery

The Front Runner | 7th of November, 2018 | Hugh Jackman to play Senator Gary Hart in political drama by Jason Reitman

My heart jumped for joy when I first read "The Frontruner | Hugh Jackman" because I thought Jackman was going to star in a film adaptation of Patricia Nell Warren's "The Front Runner"!! Anyone remembers that book?  I got so excited and happy, and I was already casting (in my head) who would play the young runner that becomes Jackman's character's [male] lover!!! I was already hoping for Michael B. Jordan or Ryan Guzman!!!! Alas, this will be some [maybe] boring political drama. :( 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cochofles said:

My heart jumped for joy when I first read "The Frontruner | Hugh Jackman" because I thought Jackman was going to star in a film adaptation of Patricia Nell Warren's "The Front Runner"!! Anyone remembers that book?  I got so excited and happy, and I was already casting (in my head) who would play the young runner that becomes Jackman's character's [male] lover!!! I was already hoping for Michael B. Jordan or Ryan Guzman!!!! Alas, this will be some [maybe] boring political drama. :( 

Gary Hart was a middle-aged rising star in the Democratic Party during the 1980s who was the frontrunner for the 1988 presidential nomination, whose career imploded after rumors of him being a womanizer arose he challenged the media to find dirt on him and lo and behold they uncovered him having an affair.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Gary Hart was a middle-aged rising star in the Democratic Party during the 1980s who was the frontrunner for the 1988 presidential nomination, whose career imploded after rumors of him being a womanizer arose he challenged the media to find dirt on him and lo and behold they uncovered him having an affair.

I remember his name. There was a famous pic of him and the mistress on a boat, right?

18 hours ago, Cochofles said:

That's what I thought when I saw the title as well.  Darn it.

Gary Hart though - meh - the only interesting thing about him was getting caught via his moronic dare to the press.  Not sure how that makes his story worth a film starring Jackman.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

EW article has some more info about this:

http://ew.com/movies/the-front-runner-gary-hart-hugh-jackman-cast/the-front-runner-full-cast-announcement

And the cast:

Vera Farmiga     ...      Lee Hart
Hugh Jackman     ...     Gary Hart
Kaitlyn Dever     ...     Andrea Hart
Ari Graynor     ...     Ann Devroy
Molly Ephraim     ...     Irene Kelly
J.K. Simmons     ...     Bill Dixon
Sara Paxton     ...     Donna Rice
Josh Brener     ...     Doug Wilson
Mike Judge     ...     Jim Savage
Toby Huss     ...     Billy Broadhurst
Mark O'Brien     ...     Billy Shore
Kevin Pollak     ...     Bob Martindale
Tommy Dewey     ...     John Emerson
Mamoudou Athie     ...     A.J. Parker
Spencer Garrett ...     Bob Woodward

Oh yeah, I guess Sony needed something this season too. Paramount will now focus 100% on A Quiet Place.

The article says Sony will release it to coincide with the midterms.

Edited by WrathOfHan

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh yeah, I guess Sony needed something this season too. Paramount will now focus 100% on A Quiet Place.

The article says Sony will release it to coincide with the midterms.

Don't tell me you think A Quiet Place is gonna be going for awards.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A Quiet Place will get the sound noms and nothing else

How can a movie with no noise end up with sound nominations?  :thinking:

Spoiler

And before anyone says anything, yes, I've seen the movie, it probably will get sound noms, I'm trying to make a joke.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Don't tell me you think A Quiet Place is gonna be going for awards.

To be frank, A Quiet Place will likely be the only thing Paramount has to campaign for. Paramount has historically been interested in distributing potential Oscar players (Selma, The Big Short, Arrival), and they're already gonna campaign it for the sound categories anyway. Might as well go the extra mile and see what can happen!

42 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Oh yeah, it's also expanding on November 16, then goes wide on November 21.

It'll go wide alongside five other wide releases... They might be better off releasing wide on November 30th or December 7th -- historically bad release dates, yes, but at least then, they wouldn't have to worry about direct competition.