Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yes their films have been making money for now but they have to make the DC movies much better if they want them to continue to make money in the future. As we've seen this year you can't keep making lackluster product and expecting people to show up forever.

Dare we say...

Tomato Law?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

At this point, I think a DC movie is most likely happening for Summer, a smaller one like Batgirl or Gotham City Sirens. No way would WB basically sit out an entire summer movie season.

These 2 movies have not even been casted yet and there has been no news on pre production or script either. I highly doubt they can do a movie from nearly scratch to finish and market in a year. 

Just now, Nova said:

Atrl is one of the worst places to visit. I can't imagine ever posting there. That's why for all the shit that this place gets...I'm like have ya'll seen any other communities out there? Like this place is heaven. 

I'm an atrl member but never post. That place is seriously toxic. And it's not even nearly as bad as other forums.

For serious, as far as forums go, this place is basically a utopia. I haven't found an online community nearly as respectful and intelligent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

These 2 movies have not even been casted yet and there has been no news on pre production or script either. I highly doubt they can do a movie from nearly scratch to finish and market in a year. 

New Mutants is pretty much doing it and X3 famously went from nothing to release in under a year. Just because there is no public news doesn't mean there is no news, script work on GCS started a year ago and on Batgirl has been going since Joss came on board, there is also Nightwing which got a director 3 months ago, plenty of things can happen in 3 months. 

2 minutes ago, nomyth said:

I'm an atrl member but never post. That place is seriously toxic. And it's not even nearly as bad as other forums.

For serious, as far as forums go, this place is basically a utopia. I haven't found an online community nearly as respectful and intelligent.

:sparta:

• Like 3

Just now, nomyth said:

Just now, Kingp0va said:

atrl is pathetic, you cant say anything wrong about anyting or you get warnings

I thought I was the only one who felt that way :ph34r:

i lurk on other communities but this is the only one I post on because it's literally the only one that's actually fair minded. And people for the most part like you said nomyth are respectful and intelligent. Even when we argue, the arguments are tame compared to other places. 

• Like 1

There was this one community that I posted on once before I joined here....I forgot what it was called. Anyways I posted that I liked a certain actress (I won't go into who it was) and I was literally attacked for it. Like that place brought up every little wrong thing she's ever done in her life while she's been famous and used it against her and told me that because I was a fan I was enabling her behavior. 

And they would do it for almost almost every actor or actress (especially if they were white...not trying to bring race into it but that's where they stood) 

Meanwhile im just like yea noooo that's too much for me. Like I'm not about to sit here and research every little thing so and so did and why they shouldn't be supported because they did x, y and z five years ago. 

I lurked on IMDb and I found this place :) 

17 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think the explanation might be that WB is trying to get their crap together. They aren't in Sony shape but it's been a rocky road.

Last year was one of their bigger years. It was never a rocky road.

• Like 2

There is a clear amount of sexism with film journalism too, especially within the comments section on these this reviews. I'm taking a film criticism precollege course while up here in NYC, and our teacher is a freelance writer who has written for multiple publications.  She's a feminist and she writes for some...well, let's just say they're nerd sites.  This, obviously, is not going to go well.  I looked up her reviews later, and while she does have some unpopular opinions (she did not like Arrival yet liked Suicide Squad), I could understand her points even if I disagreed with them.

I go to the comments section for a negative review she wrote on Doctor Strange, and there are just PAGES of vitriol about how she's not a comic fan, how she should just watch the movie for fun, etc.  They did not attempt to counter her arguments for the movie, but instead tried to discredit her.  This was even worse on the review for Passengers, which she hated.  People were making severely sexist remarks, saying how she's a "sexist feminist" (lol) and basically hurling insults at her.  This does not get better on any other reviews she's written for this site either!  It's really sad too, especially because I met this person just that day and she's actually really nice and well-spoken.  But hey, if comic book nerds feel the need to get mad at anything they want to without providing scything to counter any points made, then be my guest.  You'll just look more like a dumbass in the long run.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, grim22 said:

WB has a tentpole free Summer 2018, which just seems weird. Their current summer 2018 lineup is

Ocean's 8 6/8/18
Tag 6/29/18
Untitled DC Film (July 2017) 7/27/18
Meg 8/10/18

The Nun 7/13/18

No tentpole movies in the main months of summer and Meg is their biggest Summer movie. They have Tomb Raider and Ready Player One in Spring and Jungle Book, FB2 and Aquaman in winter. Really strange lineup, especially if there is no DC movie in July.

I don't know...after seeing how this summer is coming together vs this spring, maybe they have the right idea to keep their tentpoles out of summer...

• Like 2

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

I don't know...after seeing how this summer is coming together vs this spring, maybe they have the right idea to keep their tentpoles out of summer...

I agree. 

Summer 2018 is shaping up to be a massive bloodbath and I think WB is being smart by avoiding it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What is Atrl?

It is THE major pop music forum.

Its incredibly hard to become a member there too because they only open up registrations like once a year for a day. I lurked for like 4 years before finally getting in at the right moment and registering.

It's highly toxic. The 'stan' culture there is batshit crazy. They pit every fanbase against each other and basically every thread devolves into a 'stan war.'

It might be the most sexist forum I've seen but the competition for that title is really strong.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Last year was one of their bigger years. It was never a rocky road.

You mean that year when they panicked and let a trailer company edit a film after their uber expensive guaranteed billion dollar film died after rancid word of mouth opening weekend? 

• Like 2