Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

11 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Pets 2 will almost certainly decline from the first. The first movie was not the one most adult viewers were hoping for from the trailer and now they know exactly what the franchise is about.

Sing I think could have some staying power, though. There's always new pop songs to riff on and the characters are likable enough to carry multiple films.

Deceptive marketing? Clearly that made no difference to SLOP's legs.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Don't understand the hate, I'm 2/3 the way done The Great Wall, and it's really great. Even though I'm watching it on my phone.

Would you really pause a great movie to post on a forum....

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm thinking Valerian could pull a Legend of Tarzan. $350m-$450m worldwide, which is much more than most were expecting, but still not entirely a hit given that massive budget. 

I still think Dunkirk will outgross it DOM though. $150m to $100m or thereabouts. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Deadline:

Is that right? $400M completely dead?

No.

This week will have it just shy of 360m. Even taking a hit from Spidey, it'll be around 370m when Apes opens. Dunkirk's week should get it past 380m.

Even without accounting for expansions, it should comfortable get to 390m. 400m isn't guaranteed, but it stands a pretty good chance to get there.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

No.

This week will have it just shy of 360m. Even taking a hit from Spidey, it'll be around 370m when Apes opens. Dunkirk's week should get it past 380m.

Even without accounting for expansions, it should comfortable get to 390m. 400m isn't guaranteed, but it stands a pretty good chance to get there.

Thanks! (I'm out of Like:jeb!:)

1 hour ago, Eevin said:

Yeah, I'm thinking Valerian could pull a Legend of Tarzan. $350m-$450m worldwide, which is much more than most were expecting, but still not entirely a hit given that massive budget. 

I still think Dunkirk will outgross it DOM though. $150m to $100m or thereabouts. 

That could happen considering it's all over the place. Just hopefully Valerian doesn't kill STX, like Cuthroat Island killed Carolco

Edited by Maxmoser3
  • Like 1