cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

For what it's worth I have a plan for five He-Man movies, with the fifth being so intentionally (on my part) bad that it flops and kills the franchise.

:ohmygod:

I only have one cinematic universe so far. However I have hopes for many of my films this year have franchise potential (BAG, TP, DB, BB), specifically Dragon Ball.

If Dragon Ball is good, I have an idea for a five movie arc.

37 minutes ago, cookie said:

On only two games? Jesus.

To be a little more detailed, the first game can't be reasonably fit into a single film unless it is a compressed hyper linear a to b to c to d with no character arcs.

So I broke it down into the game's three acts with appropriate expansion of character arcs, empasizing certain subplots, etc.

The main plot of the second game could be done in a single film, but it'd ignore the actual meat and depth of the game that is too interesting to discard. The structure of the trilogy there will be a bit more challenging to organize.

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

:ohmygod:

I only have one cinematic universe so far. However I have hopes for many of my films this year have franchise potential (BAG, TP, DB, BB), specifically Dragon Ball.

If Dragon Ball is good, I have an idea for a five movie arc.

Dragon Ball is gonna be a hard sell for me, personally. I was a kid right when it was getting big here in America and all my classmates were into it big time. I tried watching it back then and I thought it was pretty awful.

Edited by Xillix

2 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Dragon Ball is gonna be a hard sell for me, personally. I was a kid right when it was getting big here in America and all my classmates were into it big time. I tried watching it back then and I thought it was pretty awful.

The first one is basically a stand-alone film. I’m taking it easy and adapting a simpler approach with The Red Ribbon Saga.

A lot of my upcoming franchises aren’t Sci-Fi so I feel my properties will be relatively good counters to a lot of the big franchises currently going. Of course, Halo will be the exception (whenever I get to that) and there’s an original franchise I’m planning on doing (won’t be made anytime in the near future though).

17 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Can unused songs be nominated for Original Song in the Oscars?

I assume you're asking for Kingdom of the Sun? If they were written for the movie, even the cancelled version of the movie, then yeah.

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

I assume you're asking for Kingdom of the Sun? If they were written for the movie, even the cancelled version of the movie, then yeah.

Yes I am. I want to push both Snuff Out The Light and One Day She’ll Love Me but they’ve been released on an album but unused film wise.

I don't know about that. The songs were still published on the official soundtrack so they were definitely publicly available long before the loose remake was made. Me and My Shadow got an original screenplay nom because the material it was based on was never published which would fall within Academy rules.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

I don't know about that. The songs were still published on the official soundtrack so they were definitely publicly available long before the loose remake was made. Me and My Shadow got an original screenplay nom because the material it was based on was never published which would fall within Academy rules.

It’s no biggie I got few more original songs I can run.

Treasure Planet is my only real sci-if franchise.

Finished a rough outline for KOTS. It still has humorous moments but it’s not like the original. The main comic reliefs (to lesser extents) in this movie are Kronk, Kuzco and Hucha (Michael Pena), an evil talking medallion.

Anything that was originally written for a different film is not an original song.

So a song written for a movie but ultimately not used, and then used in a remake of the same movie, is not an original song.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xillix said:

For what it's worth I have a plan for five He-Man movies, with the fifth being so intentionally (on my part) bad that it flops and kills the franchise.

9i5gi.jpg

Aside from 3 songs, the other six songs in Kingdom of The Sun are original.

Also Yzma gets not one but two villain songs. Farmiga gets something too.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1