CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Don't get me wrong, Fant4stic, Origins, Last Stand, etc. are all awful movies.  But the same can be said for Thor, Thor 2, and Ultron for me.  Not every studio is innocent.  They all have stinkers.

I'm sorry, but none of those 3 MCU ones are even close to the shitfests of those first 3 you mentioned. Sure I can definitely see the argument for why someone wouldn't like them or thinking they're mediocre, but I can't see how you can say they're outright bad films. I mean Fant4stic and Origins are pretty much unarguably horrible films through and through.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Will never understand why people don't like Apocalypse.  It's a traditional superhero movie, but a great traditional superhero movie that has its own style and vision behind it.

Apocalypse is better than Origins and The Last Stand but it still feels slightly below DOFP and First Class. 

Singer is by far the most bland Superhero director and his Superhero movies look ugly and have mostly terrible action sequences. The man can't direct a compelling action scene to save his life. The big battle scene at the end of Apocalypse was by far the worst that I've seen in a comic book movie and yes I'm including that "I don't know what's happening" CGI debacle at the end of Batman v Superman.

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I wish I could be excited for Thor Ragnarok. I guess I can forgive Warner Brothers for screwing up my favorite superheroes as long as they get them right eventually but I don't have enough of attachment to Thor as a character to be excited for Ragnarok after they semi botched the first two films.

There were spots here and there, but overall it wasn't that bad. I thought The first Thor was pretty good, the 2nd one was iffy but not to the point of F4.

If you like WW mytho, then Thor isn't that far of .... I think Thor Ragnarok will be huge.

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Are you actually going to attempt to justify your opinion by a fucking number lmao.

Also Apocalypse is great.  No one can argue with that.  And the pre-First Class Fox/Marvel hardly counts.

At least my opinion is based on SOMETHING.

ME: "Pixar has a higher RT average score and huge global box office average. It's an elite studio."

YOU: "Nuh uh, Dreamworks is the best cause I like Boss Baby"

I didn't mention anything about Fantastic Four levels. I'm not comparing the Thor movies to something that was barely even a movie. I think the first Thor movie is okay but uninspiring and the second one is not good. But of course neither are Fantastic Four levels.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Just now, grey ghost said:

At least my opinion is based on SOMETHING.

ME: "Pixar has a higher RT average score and huge global box office average. It's an elite studio."

YOU: "Nuh uh, Dreamworks is the best cause I like Boss Baby"

Opinions shouldn't be based on outside factors. Own your opinions.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Apocalypse was inarguably great according to who? It had poor reviews and died after opening weekend.

Apocalypse was great. Only Fantastic Beasts, La La Land and Hunt for aabatteryspeople were slightly better than it last year.

Definitely the best CBM of 2016.

All according to me.

Anything else?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Singer is by far the most bland Superhero director and his Superhero movies look ugly and have mostly terrible action sequences. The man can't direct a compelling action scene to save his life. The big battle scene at the end of Apocalypse was by far the worst that I've seen in a comic book movie and yes I'm including that "I don't know what's happening" CGI debacle at the end of Batman v Superman.

I remember the fight in Apocalypse was just some actors doing superhero poses in front of a greenscreen

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yes agreed. Superman Return hardly had any action sequence, he also turned Supe into a stalker....