CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

To show how bad that hold is for TF, ROTF only dropped 42.8% at the same point and it also had a Wednesday opening 

Of the 7 movies in 2000+ theaters, TF and House have the worst PTA.

So they are gonna loose more theaters.

Also after SM and DM3, TF5 has the highest theater count. So will be take the biggest hit with Apes and Dunkirk imo.

Compare with Wondy (an opposite case),

Wondy has a tc of 3091 and PTA of $3279.

TF5 has a tc of 3241 and a PTA of $1944.

Edited by a2knet

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Holy fucking shit!! To say that I am ecstatic about all that my girl has accomplished is an understatement. Fantatstic stats!!!! You go, Wondy!!!! 

Also...this such a beautiful thing to behold!!!

WWdrops.jpg

Thanks again, @MikeQ, for the great posts!!! :D

Apparently, WW biggest drop to date was its 4th weekend,(excluding 2nd weekend as the opening figure including preview), which it was up against TF5.

Hence, i can deduce that, TF5 is a biggest competitor to WW but not SMH!!!< TF5 is not a flop!!!    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Has the Bumblebee film actually started filming? If it's not too far along I wouldn't even be surprised to see it scrapped altogether now. 

Viacom should just sell out entirely right about now. They have no means of competing at the box office left at this point.

1 hour ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Rdj as iron man has 7 back to back 300m grossers. Let's not downplay that.

Not yet he doesnt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Probably not unless it REALLY explodes in Japan. It collapsed in China in Week 2 and I'm sure advertising/Bay backend/Hasbro backend ate up a huge amount of money.

Remember that most of Age of Extinction's big run wasn't "overseas", it was China. In many countries it was even falling by Extinction, it look Last Knight to kill the Chinese audience.

I'm sure I'll get called a "hater" for this, but damn if it isn't nice to see OS finally letting some of these franchises down that have long overstayed their welcomes. Would be even nicer if Hollywood learns something from it. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I'm sure I'll get called a "hater" for this, but damn if it isn't nice to see OS finally letting some of these franchises down that have long overstayed their welcomes. Would be even nicer if Hollywood learns something from it. 

It just took longer for it to die in China than in the rest of the world.

Message to Disney: if you're dumb enough to go ahead with Pirates 6, expect this level of grosses for whatever you put into it.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Even though TF isn't doing good, let's not pretend this is a Licence to Kill/Tokyo Drift/Star Trek Nemesis bomb. Franchise will be retooled but continue at some point 

Edited by John Marston

45 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What do you mean? No MCU film is an "original" movie. I'm talking about sequels.  

This is a 6th Spiderman. Why would you not use a multiplier from a film like Iron Man 3 or Winter Soldier or Guardians of the Galaxy part 2?

Just now, John Marston said:

Even though TF isn't doing good, let's. Or pretend this is a Licence to Kill/Tokyo Drift/Star Trek Nemesis bomb. Franchise will be retooled but continue at some point 

No it won't. They won't make jack from this thing, this is one of those movies that has to go over 600m worldwide to even be remotely profitable. This is underperforming Amazing Spidey 2 and you're claiming that it's somehow profitable?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Even though TF isn't doing good, let's not pretend this is a Licence to Kill/Tokyo Drift/Star Trek Nemesis bomb. Franchise will be retooled but continue at some point 

I feel like there's a lot of excuses being made for this movie's performance. I understand if you like the film but it's not doing well. People aren't going to sugarcoat the numbers to make anyone feel better.

Just now, baumer said:

This is a 6th Spiderman. Why would you not use a multiplier from a film like Iron Man 3 or Winter Soldier or Guardians of the Galaxy part 2?

Spidey has a "fixed" audience that is very likely to show up early on by now. If anything this has vastly outperformed Amazing Spidey 2 by now, which is a good sign. 

Just now, baumer said:

I get what you mean now, but still think that's a pretty bad comparison for the obvious reasons that it's not actually a sequel. If anything TASM would be the film to compare it to, though we can't since it opened on a Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

In regards to The Mummy, Tom Cruise has certainly had some extremely impressive OS draw power all of this decade. 8 of his 9 films this decade have done exceptionally well OS, especially compared to DOM. 

That too will get shot if he keeps putting out crap like Mummy though. 

• Like 1