CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

6 minutes ago, Subzero said:

I'll take your bet THOR3 Final DOM vs. Last Jedi OW  -- :ph34r:

Before you do, you realize every Leia fan will be buying tickets, like every day, to relive her greatness over and over, right?  I mean, this could be a s$it movie, but just her fans will guarantee a floor above Thor 3's possible take...and if she actually has some epic scenes...I mean, you gotta value your own money more:)...

• Like 1

Deadpool: Great. Even though the humor wears off the more you rewatch it, it's well-paced and fun.

BVS: Ehhhhh. There are good things in here and some dumb stuff; combine those and it's meh. The Ultimate Edition is worse than the theatrical cut, btw.

CW: Good, but instantly forgettable.

Apocalypse: Decent.

SS: Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Shit shit shit shit shit

Strange: Great action makes up for a rushed story

Civil War is what was what the disasterous Batman v Superman was trying to be and that's what makes Batman v Superman even more embarrassing. Civil War is pretty much the same movie as Batman v Superman except it has much better acting, much better dialogue and the story is told in a much better and more coherent fashion. Oh yeah and also it has characterizations. Something that Zack Snyder seems to ignore.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I do really like CW despite what I've been saying, but after a theater watch, it's just not that memorable outside of a few scenes.  I can remember BVS very clearly.

It clearly sucks. :insane:

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Doctor Strange is the hardest one to rewatch by far. BvS and Suicide Squad are memorably disasters. Apocalypse at least has a few decent sequences. Dr. Strange is bad and incredibly boring. Within the first 20 minutes, he's introduced as an egotistical doctor, loses his ability in a terrible accident, exhausts tons of options to fix it, travels the world to find a cure, discovers a mystical temple, accepts the existence of inter-dimensional magic at face value, and becomes a wizard trainee. Ten minutes later, he's now some super powerful wizard. One of the most egerious examples of bad pacing and character development in modern movies. 

That was my biggest problem with the movie - I gave it an A- b/c I actually loved most of it, but I could not get over the pacing and the timing all the way through...

Of the supers movies I saw last year, it was #3 (after Deadpool and then CW...but I still haven't brought myself to watch SS or X-Men yet)...

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Before you do, you realize every Leia fan will be buying tickets, like every day, to relive her greatness over and over, right?  I mean, this could be a s$it movie, but just her fans will guarantee a floor above Thor 3's possible take...and if she actually has some epic scenes...I mean, you gotta value your own money more:)...

Sounds like you are one of them, guessing you'll be there 3 days in a row opening weekend  :lol:

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I just hope Winter Soldier/Bucky is essentially gone. Liked him well enough in First Avenger. But, really, he's the least interesting thing in Winter Soldier and Civil War. Distracts and bogs both movies down. Best things in Civil War were... Works better in Winter Soldier because of the fun Hydra through line. But, sucks that both flicks are essentially his story unfolding. And, yeah, Russo Bros. filmmaking is kind of flat. Though, they can fashion a hell of an action sequence.

-Spidey/Parker

-Panther/T'Challa

-Ant-Man/Lang

-Stark

-Airport battle

Winter Soldier emotionally hit me a few scenes but maybe that's just me.

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

Sounds like you are one of them, guessing you'll be there 3 days in a row opening weekend  :lol:

Nah, I actually gave TFA a C+ for being a total, and not as good, rip off of Episode 4...but I have kids, and they loved TFA, so we'll be there for the Christmas movie...I'm actually hoping Disney got the "repeat the beats" thing out of their system and give us a really good, more original movie for 8:)...

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I can remember BvS more than Civil War as well but that's only because you always remember your traumas very vividly.

Spoiler

msl_0310_martha_wash_windows_sq.jpg?itok

IMG_1476.jpg

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

I would much rather talk about how horrible Transformers 5 is doing domestically. I don't have the international numbers to talk about yet so...

I find it fascinating that Paramount are going to go forward with some Universe based on a series that is dying very quickly.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

These discussions are pointless because nobody will move away from the personal opinions they have. It just makes threads often more toxic.

This conversation is incredibly civil lol

This year just offers/offered a more exciting slate and more compelling filmmakers directing each CBM.

Logan - Mangold

Guardians Vol. 2 - Gunn

Wonder Woman - Jenkins

Spider-man Homecoming -Watts

Valerian - Besson

Kingsman - Vaughn

Thor Ragnarok - Waititi

Justice League - Snyder/Whedon

• Like 5