CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

hopefully not. i was ready to get my hate on for wonder woman, because i thought the first fifteen minutes of it were pretty dodgy which was exciting, but then it actually ended up being pretty good from there which is frustrating. it's like i put my take in the microwave but it didn't even come out hot.

The opposite happened to me: I went in wanting to like it based on how everyone was reacting, and the rest is history. I'm not sure I'll have a hotter take in 2017.

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Not really a spoiler, but it needs to be said:

Keaton elevates Vulture to the status of BEST SPIDER-MAN VILLAIN. And I'm not talking about just movies. MCU's Vulture is Spider-Man's best villain topped only by Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus from the comics. Molina's Octopus was amazing, but he got nothing on the Vulture. Fucking insane. 

The irony of the MCU finally getting a great villain (other than Loki) and it being Batman is just too much. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

hopefully not. i was ready to get my hate on for wonder woman, because i thought the first fifteen minutes of it were pretty dodgy which was exciting, but then it actually ended up being pretty good from there which is frustrating. it's like i put my take in the microwave but it didn't even come out hot.

You when you keep liking all these comic-book movies:

eF1t9Ii.gif

• Like 5

I definitely didn't hate Amazing Spider-Man 2 either. It's got lots of problems but there's plenty in it I really liked. I guess mainly Garfield and Stone who were terrific in both movies. 

Homecoming is the real deal though. The first great Spider-Man film we've had in 13 years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

You when you keep liking all these comic-book movies:

eF1t9Ii.gif

I can hardly say this line without sounding like Doc Ock. Alfred Molina's performance was so damn good in SM2.

Spider-Man 1: B

Spider-Man 2: A-

Spider-Man 3: D+

Amazing Spider-Man: D+

Amazing Spider-Man 2: D

Homecoming: B+

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 1