CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

13 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I couldn't even finish this lol. 

The lengthy standing ovations, that part's standard operating procedure for a world premiere at film festivals. The only unusual thing here is that there's an official camera operator right up in their faces for what seems like an excrutiatingly long time, everyone's super conscious of how they behave. Dude really, can you not stand back, give the stars some space and learn to zoom? For a contrast, Youtube the vids for A Star Is Born's ovation at Venice, it's cell phone footage from more of a distance, much more natural reactions as a result (also the hilarity of Gaga and Bradley's significant others eyeing up their embraces and trying to smile through it all, but I digress...).

The backlash to Tarantino's spoiler request was incredibly overblown and with the critical reception being so strong, the naysayers will really be doing the most. Legit criticisms can end up be assumed as part of a takedown, the reactions can get overly defensive as a result, then the reaction becomes even more of a thing... Gonna be a fun march to awards season for this one...

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

36 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I read the plot on wiki too. If it is legit, I'm not seeing any shocking twist. 

I mean the fact that they revealed  there was a shocking twist already basically tells you what it is if you're familiar with Tarantino at all. I haven't read the wiki description but a review basically spoiled it for me

Spoiler

by comparing it to Inglourious Basterds 

8 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I mean the fact that they revealed  there was a shocking twist already basically tells you what it is if you're familiar with Tarantino at all. I haven't read the wiki description but a review basically spoiled it for me

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah its something fans of Tarantino expected. Still hyped though. 

On 5/21/2019 at 10:43 PM, Joel M said:

I just hope the people that have/will read the spoilers just keep it to themselves for the time being and not dance around it with suggestive post after suggestive post at least in this thread. I'm not refering to anyone in here but judging by twitter some people are itching to talk about it, whatever IT is.

Thanks guys:apocalypse:

All week the cannes speculation was that they might give it a combined Leo/Brad best actor since its too big and doesn't need one of the big awards. But Leo and Brad didn't show up and Tarantino did. If it wins the palme d'or european press is gonna have a serious meltdown.

1 minute ago, Joel M said:

All week the cannes speculation was that they might give it a combined Leo/Brad best actor since its too big and doesn't need one of the big awards. But Leo and Brad didn't show up and Tarantino did. If it wins the palme d'or european press is gonna have a serious meltdown.

They awarded screenplay, director and jury prize already so it's either the palme or grand prix now.

5 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Banderas won.

Maybe Almodovar's wins the big one.

1 hour ago, John2015 said:

Roman Polanski's wife angry Quentin Tarantino didn't consult him for new movie.  (By the way, Quentin Tarantino did consult with Sharon Tate's sister before making the film.)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/polanskis-wife-hits-tarantino-over-sharon-tate-175601498.html

he probably figured the press didn't need more ammo.