franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

Becomes clear during the 2nd time how despite its much larger scope and complex story, the storytelling here is equally as economical and “Rube Goldberg machine”-esque as Fury Road. Miller’s ability to make even the littlest of gestures feel like they have a huge impact is amazing.

• Like 2

The movie is good but tried too hard to address the criticism to the last movie, i.e. little plot and dialogue. This round the movie felt unnecessary plot heavy and the dialogue sound too unnatural in an apocalyptic world settings. 

I know the movie had to address why Furiosa is one arm in FR, but damn, the way the movie depicts still hurt and thrill. 

55 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The movie is good but tried too hard to address the criticism to the last movie, i.e. little plot and dialogue. This round the movie felt unnecessary plot heavy and the dialogue sound too unnatural in an apocalyptic world settings. 

I know the movie had to address why Furiosa is one arm in FR, but damn, the way the movie depicts still hurt and thrill. 

Miller wasn’t trying to address any “criticisms” lol. It’s just a different kind of movie from Fury Road.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Nah, it avoided pretty much "in your face" prequel tropes like Star Wars or any other franchise. It actually works well as a standalone too.

Edited by Mad Max007

13 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Nah, it avoided pretty much "in your face" prequel tropes like Star Wars or any other franchise. It actually works well as a standalone too.

Yes. For me this. It's why my biggest gripes while small were shoe-horning nods to Fury Road in at the very end. Perfect ending was a certain comicslly ghastly image of a certain someone. But, again, that's a small gripe.

40 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Got reminded again when rewatching Anyone but You but Charlee Fraser looks almost exactly like Gal Gadot but is 100x better performer and should’ve had the career she had

She’s 10 years younger than Gal Gadot, and has only been in two films thus far. She can still make a name for herself. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 5:51 PM, interiorgatordecorator said:

im not buying 10 million tickets, george 

I bought 20 million tickets for Ghostbusters 4.  You need to dig deep.

• Like 1