DeeCee

Wednesday #s: SMH 9.9M | Wonder Woman 1.26M (Forbes)

1 hour ago, Finnick said:

Wonder Woman earned $1.26 million yesterday, (Down 23% from Tuesday)- 39% from last Wednesday. (FORBES)

''CONFIRMED: SCOTT MENDELSON IS A WONDER WOMAN GROUPIE!!!''

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/13/wonder-woman-mixes-the-best-elements-of-the-best-superhero-films-into-an-original-stew/#1a6626e75a7a

Im more convince now than ever that he probably owns a shit load of WB stocks....

• Like 2

That Drop for SMH is not good, but it's normal due to Tuesday increase ( Im seeing around a 57-60% drop this weekend with that number).

Although WW hold, that's unbelievable, bigger than Monday -- hope she can continue to squeak past SM1 in the end.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

So people are just going to ignore that he's writing the articles for traffic?

Writing an article about something daily is not out of the norm, but having the exact DAILY numbers to back it up is another.

The thing that had me questioning is why just WW and not any other number. Also for this week, he's been giving WW number earlier than any outlet, meaning he probably have inside info into this. Regarding the stocks Im half being sarcastic and half being curious :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

So it looks like Day 46 will be WW's first day below 1M dailies (unless it can magically somehow hold below 18% week on week) and Day 47 will be the last above 1M for 46 total days and 45 consecutive.

If you believe day 47 is going to be above $1m, then surely day 51 will be as well (and perhaps day 50 even). Has there ever been a case of Tuesday being bigger than the following Saturday ( excluding the cases where that Tuesday was a holiday or the OD)?

Edit: Looking at July 21 schedule, I'm seeing that Dunkirk is coming out that weekend so WW should have some nice double feature. As such, even with a steep theater count drop, I can't see it falling so much that Saturday ends up below Tuesday.

Edited by Agafin
  • Like 2

SMH's run since opening day has been zzzzzzz. It's doing well it's just not been a very exciting run to follow. It's all good but pretty boring and typical. This is also a super apt description for Spider Man as a movie, tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

WW will be below 1 mill next Monday for sure.

Wanna bet 10:1 ? :ph34r: jk.

Yeah I don't see it either. With Apes just being release and all,  there's just way too much in the market right now for WW to have any chance.

3 hours ago, Subzero said:

Wanna bet 10:1 ? :ph34r: jk.

Yeah I don't see it either. With Apes just being release and all,  there's just way too much in the market right now for WW to have any chance.

It would have to drop less than 17% from it's last Monday...not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

SMH's run since opening day has been zzzzzzz. It's doing well it's just not been a very exciting run to follow. It's all good but pretty boring and typical. This is also a super apt description for Spider Man as a movie, tbh.

WW-like runs are very rare so zzzz for another 10 years :qotd:

3 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Wonder Woman is losing screens this weekend. 

GOTG2 losses about 1091 Screen about this same weekend when new release came out....

Im thinking WW will loose somewhere between 700-1000 at least ... will be very surprise if it does less.

21 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yep, that's why we don't get super early numbers for it.

18 minutes ago, PhantomX1313 said:

I ain't doing bets but I see Wonder Woman continuing 1M weekday streak next week 

So how is it going to drop less than 17% from its last monday?

• Like 5

Spider-Man's run so far has been pretty typical. I don't think you could really expect us to do anything more or less. The weekend hold is where perhaps it has a chance to do something extraordinary whether it be in a good way or a bad way.