WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

26 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Was this posted yet:

47 Meters down:  .74

It Comes At Night: .7

Uh oh that is pretty bad but expected for Wish Upon. It has nearly no marketing.

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Superhero Law has superseded Tomato Law.

Superhero Law states that  audiences are only interested in superhero movies.

I hereby decree Superhero Law the law of the land.

Unless Crowd Pleaser Law kicks in (ex. Baby Driver)

1side2.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

I dont know how often movietickets.com is used here for predictions but APES is outselling Spider-man right now....

I still think Spider-man ends up #1 but this is gonna eat into its domestic numbers.

Don't see Apes only doing 45-46mil this weekend so I don't believe Spidey has a ghost of a chance of being number one. Apes is at least going to hit 55mil and Spidey will be incredibly super duper lucky if it hits 50mil.

Apes gets the $5M buffer...so if they are even all weekend, Apes wins by $5M.  It will be tough, but not impossible, for Spidey to beat the buffer...but it depends how frontloaded Apes is and how family-oriented (and waiting for weekends for dads to view with) that Spidey is...

50% weekly drops from here on out get WW to ~$388.89M.

45% drops get it to ~$392.27M.

40% drops get it to ~$396.44M.

35% drops get it to ~$401.83M.

30% drops get it to ~$409.03M.

25% drops get it to ~$419.06M.

Edited by FlashMaster659
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Do they even make kid friendly R rated movies any more?

My generation had Predator and T2.

I'd recommend Deadpool. The humor although vulgar is appropriate imo for a preteen.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm debating whether 11 yo is too young for The Matrix.

Matrix was rated for 12 years old or older here so I would say he isn't too young.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I'm debating whether 11 yo is too young for The Matrix.

It probably depends what else the 11 year old has seen...the awesomeness factor of Matrix means it's more worthy to introduce a little younger, but if the kid has done all animated and this is the 1st "real" movie, maybe not (back in the day, I babysat 9 and 10 year olds who would get nightmares from watching The Young Riders reruns...I kid you not...as a young teenager, I looked at the parent in disbelief and said "okay, no problem" and internally thought "wow":)...

I'd show my kids if they had interest, but it's not their thing...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJsooner said:

All I know is the mark wahlberg planet of the apes is a freaking abomination. 

7a99c3f4e0fdb5aa830f661e01c254a5.jpg

Sweet poster and awesome old school make up effects by the legendary Rick Baker and one of Elfman's more bonkers, fun scores... But, yeah, it's a dud. Marky Mark and Estella Warren are horrid and story in general is just shit. Still shocks me that Burton didn't have the pull then to have actors not named Mark Wahlberg and Estella Warren as the leads. The rest of the cast is pretty fucking great. No offense to Marky Mark... He's improved a great deal since then.

http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/features/814347-10-reasons-why-tim-burtons-planet-of-the-apes-needs-more-respect

Ironically, it adjusts to a DOM total that a whole hell of a lot more than any of the critically adored '11 to 17 trilogy. But, for it's era, it had shit legs.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It probably depends what else the 11 year old has seen...the awesomeness factor of Matrix means it's more worthy to introduce a little younger, but if the kid has done all animated and this is the 1st "real" movie, maybe not (back in the day, I babysat 9 and 10 year olds who would get nightmares from watching The Young Riders reruns...I kid you not...as a young teenager, I looked at the parent in disbelief and said "okay, no problem" and internally thought "wow":)...

I'd show my kids if they had interest, but it's not their thing...

Well my fear is that it will confuse them about social norms before they're ready to understand the complexities of rebelling against the status quo.

Though Lego the Movie is virtually the same as The Matrix. :kitschjob:

Maybe a double feature? :qotd:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

I dont know how often movietickets.com is used here for predictions but APES is outselling Spider-man right now....

I still think Spider-man ends up #1 but this is gonna eat into its domestic numbers.

Eh? Be a pretty colossal upset if Spidey beats War's OW DOM.